Hi,

Horodyski Marek (PZUZ) wrote:
Mindaugas, RDDSQL/SQLMIX ignored CP parametr in function :

dbUseArea( <.nw.>, <rdd>, <(db)>, <(a)>, if(<.sh.> .or. <.ex.>, !<.ex.>,
NIL), <.ro.> [, <cp>] )

Can you add support for this parameter?

the question is: How this CP parameter should be passed to SQL? If SQL functions support CP parameter, then we should try to pass from dbusearea() to query (or fetch) function. If codepage is selected using some SQL query, the programmer is free to execute this query using RDDINFO(RDDI_EXECUTE). For example, the first line in my code after
  RDDINFO(RDDI_CONNECT, {"MYSQL", cHost, cUser, cPass, cDatabase})
is
  RDDINFO(RDDI_EXECUTE, "SET CHARACTER SET cp1257").

You are free to execute:
  SET CHARACTER SET ...
or
  SET NAMES '...'
or
  SET character_set_results='...'
or
  SET character_set_client='...'
or
  SET character_set_connection='...'
or whatever different animal you find in the zoo of MySQL documentation.

Regards,
Mindaugas