On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:

Hi,

> >>I've looked to key length encoding in Harbour level functions. Is it
> >>some standard way to encode length of 8byte unaligned data?
> >I guess you are talking about .prg functions.
> >No, it's not a standard. I implemented it only for these functions.
> I guess your padding IS standard ANSI X.923 :) If not, we can choose
> one suitable padding from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padding_(cryptography)

The padding I implemented fully ANSI X.923 standard but it was not my
intention. I haven't even heard about this standard before I read the
above link after seeing your message.
It's interesting that I was thinkinking also about two alternative
versions and the 1-st one confirms ISO 10126 standard and the 2-nd
one PKCS7 (RFC 3852) but I've never heard about any of them before
I read above wiki page :). Just simply these are natural and very
simple methods.