Hi,

I found some incompatibilities trying to move database from DBF to ADT. ADT has more field types than a classic DBF. Field types in FIELDINFO method returns long names like: IMAGE, DOUBLE, TIMESTAMP, MODTIME.

This code was written long time ago when Harbour has no support for such types and has no HB_FT_* constant defined at all. Know the majority (except RAW and CISTRING) of ADT field types are implemented in DBF and has corresponding HB_FT_ values, and return a DBF compatible field types in DBSTRUCT() array.

I'd like to use these new HB_FT_* types in RDDADS and use inheriten FIELDINFO method from base workarea class. This makes a little backward incompatibility in comparison to old RDDADS, but a large compatibility to DBF RDD behavior. I plan to leave CREATEFIELDS method code and allow to use a long field names in ADT table creation, thus, leaving all power of ADS field type zoo in the hands of programmer. Does anyone has objection to such change?

Regards,
Mindaugas