>> BTW, that is difference of HB_SETCODEPAGE(), HB_CDPSELECT(),
>> and SET(_SET_CODEPAGE).
>
> Official method for HVM codepage setting is:
>   SET( _SET_CODEPAGE [, <cNewCP> ] ) -> <cPrevCP>
>
> I added it at:

>     * harbour/include/set.ch
>     * harbour/include/hbset.h
>       + added _SET_CODEPAGE which works like _SET_LANGUAGE giving common
>         interface
>

> HB_SETCODEPAGE() and HB_CDPSELECT() make exactly the same job.
> HB_SETCODEPAGE() was originally added by Alex with initial CDP API version:

>     + source/rtl/cdpapi.c
>       + added codepages api source
>         Functions HB_SETCODEPAGE() and HB_TRANSLATE() are implemented
>
> At the beginning of this year Viktor added HB_CDPSELECT() as synonym of
> HB_SETCODEPAGE():

>     * source/rtl/cdpapi.c
>       + HB_CDPSELECT() which does the same as HB_SETCODEPAGE(), but
>         aligns well with function naming rules and namespace.
>         HB_SETCODEPAGE() still works, but usage is not recommended.
>
> Maybe we should cover HB_SETCODEPAGE() and HB_CDPSELECT() by some legacy
> macro.
> We have similar situation with SET( _SET_LANGUAGE ) and HB_LANGSELECT()

Yes, hb_setCodePage() should be for sure guarded with
a legacy macro.

Although, I'd keep hb_langSelect() and hb_cdpSelect(), because
it's the 'clean' way of extending Clipper in these cases. F.e.
these functions can be implemented to emulate Harbour in other
Clipper implementations, even as addons.

Brgds,