Hi,

Przemysław Czerpak wrote:
I'm not very familiar with OLE code so maybe I'm wrong but I do not see
any reason why it has to be the same pointer. I can imagine implementation
which will use different pointers so I would like to keep the code clean
and if I called punkVal->QueryInterface() extracting pdispVal then I'd
prefer release it using:
   pdispVal->Release();
instead of:
   punkVal->Release();

Yes, yes. It's ok! pdispVal and punkVal are different pointers, but they belongs to same object, so both of them decrements exactly the same counter, but pdispVal->Release() is more correct here.

Regards,
Mindaugas