On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> I can't decide which is better. Both look terribly hacky
> and ugly to me. (sry)

Write about it to MS ;-)
TEXT/BINARY modes are MS-DOS "features" inherited by MS-Win and OS/2

> > BTW for me more important is removing space padding in hbmk2 output,
> > i.e. try to redirect any hbmk2 output to file to see it.
> If you mean left padding, it's there to spit out
> readable output. If you just dump all long lines to
> terminal, it would look like an ugly mess. (that's
> where I started from)

So you reach exactly different effect.
Please remove it.

> > It badly interacts with tools which allows to catch some data from
> > application output, i.e. even simple mouse mark and past in terminal
> > window is confused by this spaces and cannot select text only.
> > Additionally when terminal window has less then 80 columns the text
> > is wrongly formatted.
> I use MaxCol() to determine screen width. There is no
> any sort of 80 columns limit I'm aware of.
> Help can look ugly below ~30 columns, that's true.

NAXCOL() and MAXROW() in GTCGI always returns fixed values so it was never
working correctly as you expected :-(.
GTCGI does not make any formatting and does not wrap any lines. It simply
redirect output to stdout. All what you should do is removing this trailing
spaces. If terminal is wider then padding factor you are using it will not
cause visible difference and hbmk2 will work just like all other console
tools, i.e. harbour compiler or all C compilers we are using. If it's smaller
then lines will be automatically wrapped without empty lines forced by
padding. In all cases terminal output can be easy marked and past keeping
original formatting with any trailing spaces.