On Tue, 01 Dec 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> >   USE test.mdb VIA "ADORDD" TABLE "Tabla1"
> > with:
> >   USE xbrtest.mdb VIA "ADORDD" TABLE "Customer"
> > it works. Perhaps test.mdb is broken?
> Could be. Or it simply doesn't find it. But your
> next example suggest that it's the former.
> BTW: "broken", I've fixed this file at least once
> already, and I'm sure it was working back then, so
> maybe it's also possible that such .mdb files
> aren't compatible with every db driver? I suspect
> some hidden dependency here or IOW that .mdb isn't
> a stable format, but more like .doc which tends to
> break compatibility every now and then.
> Fixing it looks to be futile to me, so I'm leaving
> this to .mdb experts/users.

Anyhow it's not ADORDD problem.

> > access2.prg creates test2.mdb ok. On exiting it fails with:
> > Error OLE/3012  Argument error: FIND (DOS Error -2147352567)
> > Called from WIN_OLEAUTO:FIND(0)
> > Called from ADO_LOCATE(1009)
> > Called from __DBLOCATE(0)
> > Called from MAIN(34)

The error is outside Harbour in code activate by:
   oRecordSet:FIND( "TEST2->First = 'Lara'", 0 )
so maybe the whole problem is caused by the fact that it does
not understand aliased expressions using '->' as alias operator
and it was never working from the beginning when this LOCATE
command was added.
Alex can you try to add at the beginning of rddado/tests/access2.prg:
   FIELD FIRST
and change the line 33 from:
   locate for TEST2->First = "Lara"
to:
   locate for First = "Lara"
and then repeat the test?

> > mysql1.prg :
> > Error OLE/3012  Argument error: OPEN (DOS Error -2147352567)
> > Called from WIN_OLEAUTO:OPEN(0)
> > Called from ADO_OPEN(312)
> > Called from DBUSEAREA(0)
> > Called from MAIN(12)
> > mysql.prg is the same except MAIN(14)

Here I cannot help. Maybe you have to install some MYSQL drivers
to make it working. I do not know. It's seems to be question to
MYSQL users.

> Thank you. So there still seem to be some things broken
> after whichever update, my suspect is still the xhb sync job.

Looking at the ChangeLog and SVN repository I haven't found even
single xhb sync commit.

> I see no point in moving it back to contrib until someone
> takes a plunge into this and known problems get fixed.

So far I haven't seen any confirmed error in ADORDD code
so I have no idea what we can fix.

Of course this RDD should be greatly improved yet and some
missing functionality added. Also if someone has time then
function like SQLTranslate() should be rewritten from scratch
to be real xbase to SQL expressions translator. Not a small
hack for some trivial examples.