Hi

Viktor Szakáts wrote:

> It really depends on what are those visual enhancements,
> and what is the difference in performance / memory usage.

Currently it is only zooming in/out feature, nothing more.
But may be we can think embeddings tables and bullets for
comments sections guarded with #if 0 / #endif constructs.
This idea has come to mind today and I am exploring
the possibility how this can be implemented as it may require
two files to manage, one .rtf format another .c.prg format.

> Typical source file is rarely too big (rarely over a few
> 100KBs), although there may be several of them open at once
> (not too many though).

Because of this factor only, we can go with QTextEdit().

> Anyhow, for source code editing some basic text coloring,
> maybe background coloring on certain lines / block and
> selection of font type / size should fit majority of cases.
> If this is covered by QPlainTextEdit(), the extra
> performance can be good, as it's not very good if scrolling,
> paging is slow.
>
> If there is option to antialias fonts in QPlainTextEdit(),
> it's more than perfect.

This is probably the easy way with QTextEdit() purely on
PRG level, though, if I implement some functions on CPP level,
it is doable in QPlainTextEdit() also.

Regards
Pritpal Bedi