Hi

Viktor Szakáts wrote:

> 1) QSyntaxHighlighter is not a wrapper of QT class with same name,
>    but a customized Harbour version, named HbSyntaxHighlighter.
>    This is wrong, such special class should be added as such on
>    .prg level with alternate wrappers.

This may be doable but I could not find the alternative.
Actually QSyntaxHilighter() is a purely virtual class and
only be sub-classed, so I decided with the same wrappers.

> 2) HbSyntaxHighlighter is stored in hbqt_slots.cpp instead of
>    local file next to wrappers. This violates separation of
>    components by placing local stuff to central file.

You already have done it.

> 3) Same goes (with possible differences in details) to these classes:
>
> - MyMainWindow
> - MyDrawingArea
> - HbDbfModel
> - HbTableView
>
> MyMainWindow and MyDrawingArea should be given some
> more meaningful name, like HBQTMainWindow, HBQTDrawingArea.
>
> 4) We should define a common prefix for extended QT classes,
>    could be "HBQT". This means these should also be renamed:
>
> MyMainWindow -> HBQTMainWindow
> MyDrawingArea -> HBQTDrawingArea
> HbSyntaxHighlighter -> HBQTSyntaxHighlighter
> HbDbfModel -> HBQTDbfModel
> HbTableView -> HBQTTableView

Agreed. I will do in a while.

> Of course by knowing the exact purpose of these inherited
> classes, we can give them even more meaningful names,
> like HBQTDbfModelXBP, or HBQTSyntaxHighlighterIDE.

Even better.

> Which leads to the next point:
>
> 5) Why HBXBP and HBIDE specific stuff is present in HBQT?
>
> I know we agreed not to add C/C++ stuff to HBXBP
> (and possibly not to HBIDE), but it's not solution to
> trick this rule by placing HBXBP/HBIDE specific C++ stuff
> to HBQT lib. HBQT is generic lib, should never contain
> app specific stuff like that.
>
> Possible good solution is to extend wrappers in HBQT so
> that such features can be implemented on .prg level.

We can think of in this direction.
So far I only concentrated on functionality part.
Before I achieved some results I was never sure it will work.

> 6) Several functions are not marked as static, while they are.

Ok.

> 7) listBlock.clear() will clear a list of PHB_ITEMs stored
>    in a container, but nothing ensures that these items are
>    actually freed with hb_itemRelease().

May be you are right.
But current implementation attempts to disconnect
events and slots first and releases the codeblocks.
This call simply ensure that list is "packed".

> I tried to fix some of these, but it's just scratching the
> surface.

I am sure for the better of this project.
My zest is doubled, believe me.

Regards
Pritpal Bedi