> 1) HBIDE will create a .hbp file
> 2) Have to run a .bat to set the compiler dpendant environments
> 3) Will call HBMK2 which in turn adopt the env set in step 2.
> 4) HBIDE captures linker/compiler output to display in its interface

As I told you before (but all my such messages seems
ignored), there are examples for _exactly that_ in hbmk2.prg.

hbmk2 sets envvars and calls external programs. Look for
hb_setenv() and hb_process*() calls.

Although for me hbide would be dropped as potential dev tool,
if it will set compiler dependent variables :( First of all
this makes it non-portable, difficult to maintain, or requires
double logic, etcetc.

> I can use QProcess() class of Qt but it is better to use Harbour
> native API. Just to cut first learning time, this message is posted.

No need to use QProcess(), we have everything in Harbour core.

Brgds,