Hi Viktor,

>Thank you for the explanation.

>Probably some short docs would be nice to see the difference between these
methods though, as without it, it's very difficult for users to make use of
this feature or decide whether
 > yit's needed at all for real Harbour QT apps/users.

Sorry, I can't help here, the destruction method targets just the next level
like hbxbp and similar in the future, who knows...

>For the most part this is true, however (and I wonder if anyone
>reads my mails on this list :( ):

>- There are some inherited/HBQT-only classes which are not equipped
>  with automatic GC collection.
>- Some resources still need manual deallocation (like mutex, slots
y  and events, per app and/or per thread)

>Making a little mistake on the .prg-level can easily cause a leak,
>and there are signs that such leaks are present even in current .prg
>code (posted about it already: MyMainWindow in HBXBP).

Ok, Viktor, this is not just our problem, just consult the Qt sites, but
don't forget that we are using an live SW now.

>IMO above issues should be inspected, and a generic
>solution developed to cover them and avoid repeating
>them in the future.

I completely agree with you, but please define the solution taking into
consideration that the target is so complex...
If somebody has some ideas how to handle this issue is welcome...

Best regards,
István