On Mon, 04 Jan 2010, WenSheng wrote:

Hi,

> I have a function 'AT()' can not be compiler,
> I use 'nPos := At( ';', cPrinters, nStart )',
> If I have not joined a custom function, I will be unable to successfully
> compile the code.
> Who can I ask this grammar by adding "hbcompat.ch" do?

hbcompat.ch is a file which try to hide some differences between Harbour
and xHarbour using PP rules.
If possible I strongly suggest to to migrate to clean Harbour code and not
use it.
The AT() function in Harbour is fully compatible with Clipper/xBase/ADS/...
AT() function. We do not used to modify any existing xBase functions to
not create portability problems when standard functions with extended
parameters are used in expressions which are shared between different
dbase compatible RTLs or when some code has to be compiled by different
compilers. This is very important because using standard dBase functions
with unportable extended parameters may exploit serious problems in really
unexpected places, i.e. when indexes are used by programs compiled by other
compilers or by some remote RDDs like ADS. Harbour is strictly compatible
with Clipper/dBase so if it's documented that some other language (except
xHarbour :() supports the some dbase functions then they should work in
the same way and you do not have to check all parameters and worry that
index will be corrupted because foreign code wrongly understand local
extensions to standard functions.