Hi,

Przemysław Czerpak wrote:
Ups. Sorry I forgot that automatic initialization is not enabled by
default. In netiocli.c it's covered by:
   #if defined( HB_NETIO_STARTUP_INIT )
      [...]
   #endif

Yes :) By adding a few more tracelog, I've also found this reason :)

So it's expected and probably also startup winsock initialization works.
If possible please check it by adding ' || 1 ' to above #if condition
and replacing:
   hb_vmAtInit( s_netio_init, NULL );
with:
   s_netio_init( NULL );

Both ways works OK.

BTW how expensive (time consuming) is WINSOCK initialization in MS-Windows?

      HB_ULONG ulTime = hb_dateMilliSeconds();
      hb_socketInit();
HB_TRACE( HB_TR_ALWAYS, ("hb_socketInit() time=%d", hb_dateMilliSeconds() - ulTime) );

prints:

netiocli.c:470: HB_TR_ALWAYS hb_socketInit() time=0

Do you have any other test code for it?

Regards,
Mindaugas