Hi Pritpal,

> I am looking for functionality in hbMK2 where
> it invokes a shell command in its own process space
> like:
>
>> hbMK2 demowvg.prg -call=["%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 8\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86]
>
> The reason is hbIDE can set the env variables for called process,
> in this case hbMK2 but cannot call another process for main one.
> If you implement above feature, hbIDE can be invoked from anywhere
> and user can select from a list of compilers.

I'm sorry, but I can't see why this would be necessary, moreover,
I doubt it would work this way. If hbmk2 invokes a subprocess,
such as vcvarsall.bat, I see no way that the environment it leaves
behind could be kept for compiler tools invoked afterwards.

If you need such functionality I think you should pack all
your commands (call vcvarsall && hbmk2 ...) in one .bat / .sh
file (depending on host platform) or one commandline with multiple
commands, and invoke that. Also notice that in order to make
"%ProgramFiles%" expression work, you definitely need to
invoke the OS shell.

The other option is to stick to envvars, and in this case
you can set these using hb_setenv() before invoking hbmk2
subprocess. (I do this in hbmk2 to setup some tools automatically)
I don't know if this works with QProcess.

Brgds,