I've integrated Harupdf in my program. Haru creates a file and I
wanted to open the satndard, system defined pdf viewer.

I opted to the simplest command:

 run( ::pdfFileName )

This worked flawlessy in my XP pro development notebook, opening the
Acrobat Reader window while the Harbour program was still running.

This morning I run the program on the Win 2k VM at the users site to
do some integration testing and at the run() command I got a annoying
message talking about redirecting win32 debug message to the remote
collector.. annoying but still ok, harbour program still running...

I then run the code on my XP pro office development workstation and
Acrobat opened but Harbour program was LOCKED till I closed
Acrobat....

I then started to investigate:
run, __run, hb_run all do the same, block Harbour
win_rundetached return false but probably I didn't really understand
parameters... and probably I can't pass a pdf filename but should pass
an executable filename
wapi_shellexecute(,,::pdfFileName ) DID WORK !

Is it normal to have this different behaviour in run( ) command ?

Francesco