On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Xavi wrote:

Hi,

> >Now everyone who use WIN_PRN class has to link his code
> >with PNG library even if it's unnecessary.
> PNG library is used in win_BitMapDimensions, now is not used
> in WIN_PRN class to print win_BMPs class.

It is because it's in the same file as other functions used by
WIN_BMP class and WIN_BMP class is used by WIN_PRN. Just simply
try to link this code without png library:

   proc main()
      win_prn()
   return

Anyhow moving WIN_BITMAPDIMENSIONS() to separate file is also good
idea. It would resolve current dependency problem. Anyhow if you
want to use above function in WIN_BMP class then we still need
some type of startup initialization controlled by REQUEST mechanism.

> Note that now it's a RAW implementation driver dependent and some
> drivers don't need the original dimensions to work.
> Unfortunately the PNG support is few used in win drivers.
> win_BitMapDimensions works fine and can be nice changed win_BMP class
> with attache sample prg.
> Perhaps in future, we can change it to not RAW driver dependent and
> convert these formats into DIB plane but now, I don't know how do it
> and if this is correct.
> What do you think about?

It's good idea but it would be very nice to keep it modular.
We can try to use startup initialization or we can define separate
classes with common interface i.e. HB_PNG which can be accepted by
WIN_PRN just like WIN_BMP.