If this was meant for me:
   hbmk2 project1.hbp project2.hbp

hbmk2 doesn't handle project trees and project
interdependencies at the moment, so that part needs
to be sorted out by caller application and
a list of projects in proper sequence fed to hbmk2
(like above).

If someone passed me an algorithm which creates
such sorted sequence out of a dependency tree, I
may implement this in hbmk2.

What I mean:
   SOLUTION_A
      PROJECT_1
         depends on: PROJECT_3
      PROJECT_2
      PROJECT_3
      PROJECT_4
         depends on: PROJECT_1, PROJECT_2
=>
  hbmk2 project_3.hbp project_1.hbp project_2.hbp project_4.hbp

(circular dependencies also have to be detected)

Brgds,
Viktor