On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> > Interesting, Important for me feature you are calling bug :)
> > I hope that in the future we will not lost possibilities to
> > build Harbour with and without exported symbols using some
> > optional settings.
> I wonder: when could this be useful?

I.e. to not use 'hbmaindllp' at all. Some linkers like the one in
MinGW allows to create import library for executable files which
later can be used to link PCODE DLLs instead of hbmaindllp.
BTW it would be nice if you added to hbmk2 support for -implib
switch also in -hbexe mode for such usage. With MinGW linker it's
also possible to use --export-all-symbols to force exporting all
public symbols but I do not think that many other linkers have
similar functionality anyhow switch like -implib[force] would be
nice extension too.

> >> f.e. by the name 'maindll'.
> > IMO it should have different name. Such library will be used for
> > code which should not be included in dynamic/shared library and
> > above name suggested completely different usage. I'd rather prefer
> > sth like 'hbstatic'.
> My proposal targeted this purpose only. To have

Even in such case it's IMO confusing. DllMain is standard startup
DLL function so such library name suggests it should be linked with
DLL. Anyhow it's only my PPOV.

> a generic lib which keeps all such possible static-only
> components, I agree with 'hbstatic'.

Fine, so I'll add such library.