Ok! I'll use the "golden rule" of open-source world with my proposal:
"release early, release often"!

I've published an example of what we can achieve with Sphinx. But
first, keep in mind that it's a less than 3 hour work without a good
view of "what next". I talk this afternoon with Vailton about
Harbour's documentation and our options, how can we do this and wich
tools are widely (wich means accessible and documented) available. We
figured out that we have very similar projects: him with his cool
wxweb project and me with the apix (api extractor). Both doing almost
the same thing. My project goals is to extract documentation blocks
from the source and produce HTML output or reST documents that can be
embedded in a wider Sphinx based documention project. The problem with
api inside sources is just about the developer "culture" and the
internationalization is almost impossible (imagine a single source
with, say, 20 functions, and four languages documenting each
function!).

I proposed the use of Sphinx. I started a documentation project and
the results can be found here
[http://www.base4.com.br/~daniel/hb/index.html]. The sources are also
available.

Regards!

2010/2/17 Viktor Szakáts <harbour...@syenar.hu>:
>> 2010/2/17 Viktor Szakáts <harbour...@syenar.hu>:
>>> Such topic really belongs here, not the users' list.
>> we can't impose limitation in argument on userlist
>> freedom is magic word, or nobody stay in user list
>>> I only had a short peek into it, but IMO it's not best
>>> direction to start evaluating (for the 10th time) all
>>> the available documentation tools. We've been trough
>>> it 1 year ago, 2 years ago...
>>>
>>> IOW we're over that, NF (NanForum) format is just perfect
>>> and the next logical step is to actually write docs :)
>>
>> we need a path for made a  good collaborative work
>> without this path nobody can start in help harbour in having a good
>> documentation
>> so if same body with a good experienced give a way we must evaluate and
>> choice if follow it.
>
> No. Until nobody writes documentation just talk
> about it, there won't be documentation.
>
> It's like if we were discussing what editor or
> coding style we should use since 1999 up until
> today. Imagine how many lines of code would be
> written to date.
>
> Anyway, anyone can write any documentation BTW,
> but I thought it makes sense to flow existing
> information instead of reinventing the wheel
> again and again. Maybe freedom doesn't allow that,
> and you're right.
>
> Brgds,
> Viktor

Daniel Gonçalves