Maurilio:

>I'll try to write to the current porter and see if he can fix it.

>David, did you already reported this issue to Paul Smedley?

1) I sent report to many well-known people on OS/2
(Knut, Paul Smedley, Andreas, Sander, Ulrich)
so all of them know this problem

2) I reported Knut response to Harbour group
 See message
   OS/2: Harbour 13841
   12/02/10 08:57 AM
Knut send same response to all, so they know response

3) I posted a ticket in
  svn.netlabs.org/libc

4) I opened an account in mantis.smedley.info, but response to confirm account delayed to much and I found it in spam folder

5) I have not posted ticket in mantis yet

If you contact Paul you can recall him for my original message, and if you post ticket in mantis, you can use same content I used in netlabs
Content are below

What I see is: change to os2gcc will be available in future releases, so maybe only for os2gcc442 and greater and not for os2gcc335. It will force you to change your os2gcc compiler
Cons: You need to make adjustments to your environments/systems
Pros: You will be carried to present  :-)

Availability of next os2gcc release depend of Paul and his plans

David Macias

Ticket content ============

In Harbour for OS/2 development ( www.harbour-project.org ) we face from long time a problem using os2gcc compilers when we try to build some .dll files

Tracing I found an now famous 32 Kb limit:

Somewhere gcc is using 32 Kb limit for our case

    gcc --> emxomfld.exe ( ld.exe )

    ( or is OS/2 limit ? :-) )

Below are first quick and clear Knut St. Osmundsen response

Thanks, David Macias

Yes, this is an OS/2 limitation. The usual workaround is to pass the arguments in a response file (emxomfld @filename.rsp). Without checking all the relevant code, I'm pretty sure that the compiler/linker driver (gcc) will not create a response file when invoking sub programs like as, ld or emxomfld. The easiest way to hack it into doing this would be to change pexecute() in libiberty/pexecute.c to create a response file for arguments exceeding, say, 24 KB. http://svn.netlabs.org/libc/browser/branches/libc-0.6/src/gcc/libiberty/pexecute.c#L803