Hi Lorenzo,

>> For me it's rather interesting to see that we maintain any
>> feature in central SVN which bends basic functionality for
>> the sake of ONE user. It's well known since years, that it's
>> a non supported feature.
>
> You can NOT USE IT and keep strict compatibility, I can USE IT to make
> mine easier to write and to read. It's a win win ( and will allow
> xHarbour developers to test Harbour is they need ).

It would interesting to see how large is the number of
xhb users relying on this feature. Maybe we should really
consider writing a source code converter if this is
quite large. Seeing the past references of this feature,
I can only find some of your messages from years ago
when we discussed this last time. So, maybe you're right,
but to me it really seems something which helps only
your code.

I can understand you started to exploit this feature
because there was no better at the time, but since years
there are, and this one was always hacky and imperfect
(f.e. how to add an ';' char (SQL statement termination)
to such an SQL string)?

But IMO you should really consider using something better
or standard. In fact __cstream was also added to your
own request.

>> Same with hbmk, I'm keeping it just for
>> the sake of Lorenzo (yet). It simply blocks the path forward,
>> and this is unacceptable IMO. The code is free, so if someone
>> tries to keep strange (or non-strange) local features, it can
>> and should be done locally. They need special build anyway, and
>> it's not about "I won't update the SVN anymore".
>
> We've already discussed about hb*, but at the moment I don't see the
> reason to swap worldwide well known standards like shell scripting and
> gnu makefiles with a tool that only ONE developer knows and maintain.

Well, that source code is there, so anybody can know it
and maintain it, and you probably know that many of the
"worldwide standard" you use are/were developed by ONE
developer as well. Just like many other parts of Harbour.

Maybe contributors shall offer free guaranteed personal
lifetime support as well for all code ever committed to
open source projects as a ground rule ;)

BTW, this is the funniest comment I've read about a free
open source tool since many years...

> I use many tools from google and yahoo in my makefiles and I don't see
> how could I fit them in hbmk2 and surely you'll be not interested to
> support them.

Well, maybe I am, maybe it's something useful for users
in general.

Brgds,