marco bra wrote:

> "On Ubuntu 9.10 32 bits hbide recompiled with "hbmk2 hbide.hbp -rebuild"
> deleted the hbide.ini file"
>
> is wrong, must be read as
>
> "On Ubuntu 9.10 32 bits hbide recompiled with "hbmk2 hbide.hbp -rebuild",
> then i also deleted the hbide.ini file to get fresh hbide start point"

I forgot to mension that delete hbide.ini and idesettings.ini.
This commit rearranges the windows dimensions so clearing old
.ini files are required.

For documentation path, it is strange on Ubuntu.
I call:

FUNCTION hbide_fetchSubPaths( aPaths, cRootPath, lSubs )
   LOCAL aDir, a_

   DEFAULT lSubs TO .t.

   IF right( cRootPath, 1 ) != hb_osPathSeparator()
      cRootPath += hb_osPathSeparator()
   ENDIF
   cRootPath := hbide_pathToOSPath( cRootPath )

   aadd( aPaths, cRootPath )

   IF lSubs
      aDir := directory( cRootPath + "*.", "D" )
      FOR EACH a_ IN aDir
         IF a_[ 5 ] == "D" .AND. left( a_[ 1 ], 1 ) != "."
            hbide_fetchSubPaths( @aPaths, cRootPath + a_[ 1 ] )
         ENDIF
      NEXT
   ENDIF

   RETURN NIL

where cRootPath is the path you supply in the field.
Can you play with this function to know what exactly is
happening there on Ubuntu. Possibly "D" as directory()
argument is the culprit, but I am not sure.
You need to debug.

I am looking into "Set as Default" image issue, however.

-----
                 enjoy hbIDEing...
                    Pritpal Bedi
_a_student_of_software_analysis_&_design_