Did you test this code?

Yes, if you're referring to that SetCancel( .T. ) Clipper's program under NTVDM
differs.

I was referring to your patch. Did you
try it with a test application with both
SETCANCEL(.T.) and SETCANCEL(.F.) ?

IMHO this difference can be assumed because the code must be fixed in MT mode.
[
#if ! defined( HB_MT_VM )&&  0
         if( hb_setGetCancel() )
            s_bBreak = HB_TRUE;
#endif
]

I tested in ST mode, and s_bBreak has no effect
on the application termination, meaning that it
will be _always_ closed. (regardless of SETCANCEL()
or whatever else control we use here)

... !!! ??? Sorry... What's happening? :)

Please tell me more.
Have these tested in a real Windows machine?
What version of Windows OS?
What version of kernel32.dll?
Does the same thing the Clipper's program on your machine?

Obviously I have the expected result in XP SP3.
kernel32.dll version 5.1.2600.5512 DLL de cliente API BASE de Windows NT

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683242%28VS.85%29.aspx

"The system also displays this dialog box if the process does not respond within a certain time-out period (5 seconds for CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT, and 20 seconds for CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT or CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT)."

--
Xavi

Yes, if you're referring to that SetCancel( .T. ) Clipper's program under NTVDM
differs.

I was referring to your patch. Did you
try it with a test application with both
SETCANCEL(.T.) and SETCANCEL(.F.) ?

IMHO this difference can be assumed because the code must be fixed in MT mode.
[
#if ! defined( HB_MT_VM )&&  0
         if( hb_setGetCancel() )
            s_bBreak = HB_TRUE;
#endif
]

I tested in ST mode, and s_bBreak has no effect
on the application termination, meaning that it
will be _always_ closed. (regardless of SETCANCEL()
or whatever else control we use here)

But I do a new question.
How can it be fixed something that does not exist?

I don't know what you mean, sorry.

Nothing needs to be fixed, since nothing is
currently wrong or broken. AFAICS what you want
is to attach GT specific window-close behavior
to SETCANCEL(). Current behavior is not a bug,
but by design. I can't see why you want to limit
current possibilities and make it impossible to
have a working Ctrl+C key plus a regular closable
window. Not to mention that you can't attach
window-close behavior is several GTs, GTWIN
is just one of those, we also have GTOS2, GTSTD,
GTPCA, GTDOS, GTTRM, GTCRS, GTSLN. Please notice
that a "window" per se is not in reach with
all/most non-GUI GTs.

Brgds,