Hello Przemek

I am looking for a solution where is GC pointer is
detatched from "freeing" it, all other operations remaining
the same.

It is possible that I am not been able to explain what I need properly.

In hbQT we are been unable to know, at certain points, when
Qt releases the pointer. As per inherent nature of pointers
C or C++ does not set the value of pointer variable to NULL.
And hence when it is subject to freeing, GC does not
know if it has already been freed and hence GPF's.

I have a mechanism in place where all delete operations
can be carried on as per Qt specs, I just want that the
pointer is not freeed in GC. It will only detatch GC from it
and will clear its stack.

-----
                 enjoy hbIDEing...
                    Pritpal Bedi
_a_student_of_software_analysis_&_design_