Przemysław Czerpak wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

> For tables which have very big number of fields the speed
> improvement should be huge. Accessing fields by name is
> relatively very slow operation and all RDD methods which
> transfer records between workareas use such translation
> table with indexes to eliminate it.

Przemyslaw, sorry if my question is a dumb one, but could the HVM+RDDs use
such translation table for the normal code?

I have, I think we all have, plenty of code doing

alias->name :=

or

var := alias->name

in loops as well, so If this could be made faster at runtime, when the
position of fields cannot change between every dbUseArea()/dbCloseArea() pair,
this could be a speed boost which gives some noticeable result.

Maybe this cannot be done, but maybe every alias->field could be compiled into
a lookup table indexed expression and the lookup table be compiled by
dbUseArea().

What do you think?

Maurilio.