On 08/04/10 00:41, Pritpal Bedi wrote:

Barry Jackson wrote:

The code in this IF conditional (in METHOD IdeEnvironments:prepareBatch(
cEnvName ) )
is being skipped.

"GCC" *is* being passed to the METHOD.

IF ( n := ascan( ::aEnvrns, {|e_| e_[ 1 ] == cEnvName } ) )>  0
ENDIF

So the METHOD is returning space( 255 )

So now I can guess what is happening.

Follow step below closely:

1. Run hbIDE as usual.
2. Can you see "Env: GCC" in the status-bar ? If yes,
Yes
3. Click on "Compiler Environment". Can you see [GCC] + entry in the edit
box ?, if yes,
Yes
4. Right-click on the "ash" projects tree node, can you see active prompt
"Set an Environment...", if yes,
Yes
5. Point to "Set an Environment..." and select "GCC", if you could do it
Yes
6. ash MUST build.
Sorry but no  :-(

Please show me hbide.env and if possible, the screenshot of "Compiler
Environment" dialog
containing whatever it has the first time you click.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n287/barjac_2006/hbide8.png

hbide.env :-

      [ COMMON ]
PLATFORM  =  linux
COMPILER  =  gcc

      [GCC]
{hb_comp} gcc
{content} export HB_COMPILER=gcc

{content} export PATH=$PATH:/home/baz/SVN/harbour/bin/linux/gcc
{content} export PATH=$PATH:/home/baz/SVN/harbour/lib/linux/gcc
{content} export PATH=$PATH:/home/baz/SVN/harbour/include
{content} export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/gcc:/usr/lib/gcc

I noticed a lower() in the function that builds the arrays, while "GCC" is being passed as upper case - probably off track - I was just looking at that when I saw your last post.

Rgds,
Barry