Hello Everybody

Ground is ready to launch "Keyboard Shortcuts" in hbIDE.

Before I end-up in a mess I need group opinion as to how
user-defined or user-altered definitions should behave.

Current implementation is like:

Keyboard shortcut is only defined for menu options.
Toolbar icons do not consider them.
Defined with menu option ensures that those can be activated from anywhere
in hbIDE.
Some actions are defined only for active editor instance a

Now if user alters one, say, CTRL+D ( Duplicate Line ), to something
DeleteLine(),
how it should be treated? Note that once defined as with menu option, such
action cannot be intercepted from within editor instance.

One option could be, do not define any "shortcut key" with menu option, only
show
it with menu prompt text, and intercept the same in editor instance. And
this makes
the engine really robust. Note: action will always be carried as is if menu
option is clicked.

The second option could be, change the menu prompt and attch new definition
user has altered.
This will make menu options always inconsistent.

I would prefer the first option.

Another options you are to suggest.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...