On 13/04/10 21:00, Przemysław Czerpak wrote:
It would be nice if user can choose preferred terminal.
As default hbide can use: "xterm -e " as most portable
setting and user can change it i.e. to: "konsole -e" or
"pterm -e" ...
-e<cmd>  <args,...>  is the standard option in most of
terminal emulators.

Yes I agree - I was already thinking along those lines, as the visual effect in different terminal emulators varies dramatically. I have hacked hbide to test and this is working with and without parameter passed to application :-

*   LOCAL cTargetFN, cTmp, oProject, qProcess, qStr, cExt, cRunStr
    LOCAL cTargetFN, cTmp, oProject, cExt, cRunStr
-------snip-------
      #if 1
*      qProcess := QProcess():new()
* qProcess:setWorkingDirectory( hbide_pathToOSPath( oProject:wrkDirectory ) )
      IF !empty( oProject:launchParams )
*         qStr := QStringList():new()
*         qStr:append( oProject:launchParams )
*        qProcess:startDetached_1( cTargetFN, qStr )
cRunStr := "konsole --workdir " + hbide_pathToOSPath( oProject:wrkDirectory ) + " -e " + cTargetFN +" "+oProject:launchParams
      ELSE
*       qProcess:startDetached_2( cTargetFN )
cRunStr := "konsole --workdir " + hbide_pathToOSPath( oProject:wrkDirectory ) + " -e " + cTargetFN
      ENDIF
      hb_run( cRunStr )
*      qProcess:waitForStarted()
*      qProcess := NIL