On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> I hope someone can fix these. These were so far
> hidden because of turned off warnings for exotic
> compilers like bcc/pocc/xcc when building
> external libs. Now they are visible.

This bug exists with _ALL_ C compilers we are using.
Just simply your recent modifications enabled warnings only
for few compilers but many others like all GCC based ones
still does not report any warnings so such bugs are invisible.

Missing prototypes means that C compiler may incorrectly create
function call frame so final code will GPF or fail in other way
depending on used ABI and type of parameters.

> If the problems won't be resolved, I will simply
> disable failing libs for these targets.

To fix such problems it's necessary to know about them
and this library is yet another example that disabled
warnings may cause that we are creating wrong binaries
without any knowledge about it.
The problem is that nearly all of these libraries uses
autoconf to generate configuration header files but we
not and we are using in all builds only some statically
defined for chosen platform files without real system
dependent configuration so such definition can be wrong
and broken code is generated. With fully disabled warnings
we do not know about it.
In this particular case (JPEG library) HAVE_PROTOTYPES
definition is missing and it's the reason of above errors
in _all_ builds (we do not support any old C compiler which
does not support prototypes).