> Also we agreed that this mechanism will be usedonly where we have
> problem with the destruction mecanism.

not really. this mechanism must be used when a object becomes owned by
some other object to avoid a double destruction...

Probably I should go directly to xbp (I see you wrote tons of code
lines for the browse system) strictly following the published code and
try to never read the source code because I "fear" that there are some
"hacks" to overcome some hbqt problems....... :-)

> Local aItems := {}
<cut>
this was the first test I did in order to check that no other problems
were present... and it worked.
But I feel it is not a correct way... since there is no need to store
them from a functional point of view.... i

>  // And destructor
>  for each aItm in aItems
>     qItm := NIL
>  next
>
> This mechanism has an advantage.
> You have all the control over items spread in different columns,
> and can later deal with them if there is a need of changes, for example,
> if you would like to let it be edited or changing the colors.

I can do this using ::item(row,col) if necessary....

> This is how it looks close to Clipper syntax.

But not to c++ samples...

More, some other patches should be done, for example for
QTableWidget::setCellWidget... please read the doc text...

There another probable problem if the patches are not committed... if
you have not compiled my patches try my unmodified sample but change
only:
oGrid:setItem( i-1, 0, t )
oGrid:setItem( 0, 0, t ) // all items set at the same place

does it GPF ? with setCellWidget it will according to the doc text....

Ciao,
Francesco