On Mon, 17 May 2010, Pritpal Bedi wrote:

Hi,

> > Just for information only. Have you implemented COM_KEY(), COM_SKEY(),
> > COM_EVENT() functions, <lNoDelete> in COM_READ() and additional
> > parameters (2,3,4) in COM_OPEN()?
> Com_Key() => No
> Com_SKey() => No
> Com_Event() => No
> The all three functions need Overlapped and asynchronous CreateFile()
> protocol, which at that times, I was not able to handle.
> Com_Read( nPort, nBytesToRead, lNoDelete ) => No
> Again this can only be possible with asynchronous and
> overlapped structures.
>      COM_OPEN(<nComPort>,<nBufferIn>,<nBufferOut>, [<lTrapMode>]) -->
> lStatus
> nBufferIn, nBufferOut => YES
> lTrapMode => NO
> nBufferIn, nBufferOut as:
>    if valtype( nInBuffer ) == 'N'
>       DEFAULT nOutBuffer TO 1024
>       if !SetupComm( nHandle, nInBuffer, nOutBuffer )
>          CloseHandle( nHandle )
>          return .f.
>       endif
>    endif

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I expected and it's
in practice the same as in the code I committed. I only haven't
added support for nBufferIn and nBufferOut because only MS-Windows
support it and it's not clear how it effect low level serial driver.
Anyhow I'll think about adding it in the future.
BTW does anyone know the default size of serial IO buffers in
    MS-Windows?