Hello Matti and Jari,

I also think its 30000 watt, unless they have some kinda magic
antenna. And I will join your movement to change all Am radios to SSB!
I really wish stations would, or atleast in the future as a back up to
the new and no good DRM/DAB.

The US military do as you say use any speare transmitters, and I think
they are on vessels? Was told that atleast 1 was. They can change the
angle and wattage of the transmitters when ever they feel.

I am so glad you mentioned HCJB on 21455, I remember that station,
half the time it wasn't in English when I listened but when it was it
was great! It was the only SSB station I could get during the middle
of the day as AFN only comes in late afternoon. That was in umm.. 2000
I think, never QSled them thou :(

I am just imagining the cost reductions and larger areas RCI and all
other broadcasters would have if they used SSB. Another idea might be
to invent another radio mode, unlike Fm maybe JM or DM etc heh.

Cheers,

Rob Wise
HRI

--
Cheers,

Rob Wise.

Hobart Radio International - 1 Year Old!!
www.hobartradiointernational.co.nr
Post Box 711, Rosny 7018
Tasmania, Australia.

Moderator of French Learning and