-- On Sun, 5/24/09, Bruce Barker <brbar...@comcast.net> wrote:

> 7250   IRAN   Voice of the Islamic
> Republic  May 24,  0520-0600   According
> to PWBR this program is called "Voice of
> Palestine."    At tune-in there was a
> pleasantly-voiced Muezzin chanting passages from the
> Qur'an.  Very artfully done.  This continued
> until 0530 when a man began talking briefly in Arabic,
> mentioning Palestine twice, and then there was more
> Qur'an chanting.  At 0555 prayers were recited with
> 0600 tune out.  Passport says this program airs from
> 0345-0415.  Eibi says 0330-0430.
> (Barker-PA)

> Bruce Barker, Broomall, PA.   Equipment:
> NRD535D and an Alpha Delta dx sloper
> antenna.

Bruce,

I`m scratching my head over this one. PWBR `2009` on 7250 looks like 0330-0430
to me, and it says W, which means in the B-season, not the current A-season.

I am wondering if some of the numbers in this item are wrong? Assuming they are
not, then I`d be surprised if you were hearing anything but Vatican`s daily
Latin Mass, which is what I hear on 7250 at 0530-0600 just about any night. Not
much like the Qur`an.

Eibi does show 0330-0430 for the Palestine service in Arabic from Iran, but the
current summer frequencies for that are 9610 and 11875, and WRTH A-09 update
agrees.

I don`t understand why you would think something two hours later on a different
frequency, or the winter frequency, is the same program?

I can`t find anything in current online schedules on 7250 during that hour
except Vatican in English, then Latin.

73, Glenn Hauser