RADIO STATION
LOCATION A FRIENDLY DILEMMA

For a long time, I have had in
my mind this friendly dilemma: where is the real location of the station I am
listening at?

My shack is this “small
sanctuary” where I sit at home without been disturbed by no other thing than a
good radio program.

I have many radios at my
shack; some very old but in mint condition, some other, modern ones.

I also have a good number of
special stations that I tune to for the quality of their programs. Among them,
Radio Havana Cuba,
Radio Canada International,
Radio Miami, DW Germany, Radio Netherlands and Radio Bulgaria. And then, I tend
compare, the way I hear at them with different radios and different antennas.

To pick an example, I have an
old Kenwood R-2000 receiver which I consider a Killer. The quality of its
audio, its sensitivity and selectivity makes this old receiver maybe my best
one. Among the radios I have had, only the JST-145 (JRC) transceiver has been
the only radio that I could say has gone nose by nose with my old R-2000.

And then as I said, here comes
alone the programs aired which I hear from start to end. But, hand by hand with
the station and its program, I strongly consider the place where the signal is
been
aired.

I love to compare, how my old
Kenwood pulls out a distant signal from a distant station compared with any
other of my radios. Same issue goes for my portable radios and not willing to
detour from the main idea of my script, I have to say, that my Grundig YB-400 is
another Killer.

My great frustration?  As I said before, the location, where the
program is being aired.

One of these days I will love
to hear for instance, Radio Korea
(North) or Radio Vietnam on
the heart of Hanoi,
but not to hear any of those from a different location or station where time was
purchased to air the program.

Occasionally, I see postings
from folks claiming they heard a certain radio station and I ask myself: did
they
really hear the station? or just the program aired from some other place. Such
postings should read: Radio Rumania
via CRI.

Am I going confused? I don’t know.

Best 73s to all