--- On Wed, 3/9/11, Scott R. Barbour Jr. <srbjr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 4760 INDIA presumed AIR Port Blair, 0256, March 7,
> vernacular. Carrier noted during band scan w/ hints of
> audio; tentative Hindi mx at 0258; talk from 0302; v. poor
> & weak. Quite surprised if this is indeed Port Blair,
> especially at this late hour, as reception of AIR regionals
> at my locale has been sparse since the end of the last Solar
> Cycle. (Barbour-NH)

> Scott R. Barbour Jr. Intervale, N.H. USA
> NRD-545, MLB-1, 200' Beverages, 60m dipole

Scott, That`s about 9 am local mean time, so why not be less surprised if it`s
the other 4760, Leh, Kashmir, much further west? Also WRTH says Leh lasts until
0400 at least, while PB offgoes at 0300.

Even more likely lately is Eritrea, which recently started using 4760, as
Bernardini reported, at the very same hour: ``4760, Voice of the Broad Masses
of Eritrea-2, Asmara, 0302, Feb 27, talks, weak // 7175``.

73, Glenn Hauser