Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:00 PM
Subject: [HCDX] Bangladesh Betar 15105 kHz

Bangladesh, 15105.0, Bangladesh Betar English service here with a very
weak signal, 12:35 - 13:00*.  Was able to ID them only by going to the
webSDR at University of Twente in the Netherlands (see recent HCDX post
from Horatio Nigro), which had a very good signal; during musical
selection, it was very clearly the same station I was hearing.  Program
consisted of male anncr with listing of places where Islamic services will
be held today for Eid al-Fitr; commentary (one on World Humanitarian Day
(which is also today), one on cockfighting in Bangladesh); occasional
music.  At 12:58, anncr promised music, but we got 2 minutes of loud hum
instead.  At s/off, M anncr with postal and web addresses for Bangladesh
Betar.
(Delibert, Maryland, 8/19/12)
--    Art Delibert, N. Bethesda, MD
--    Excalibur Pro, Collins 51j-4 with Sherwood SE-3
--    Pennant antenna with DX Engineering amp