To: <hard-core-dx@hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: [HCDX] (no subject)

Logs for May 1st
This week is the holy week for Greeks. First of May is work off for
public sector but normal work day for private sector.

Today propagation is rather week from Asia as shown in the logs below
Ther were also some iregualrities on the MW band as before 0930 only the
closer stations could be heard. After 0945 I monitored some opening from
Algeria on 531 kHz and Hungary on 540

MY most awaited catch:
11610 Sharooqa finally heard !!! 1610 YL with stringed instrument S6-7 Id
by OM and echoed (not clear with many talks in AR) Program seems
religious (?? Catholic? ) as 'al kitab' was mentioned several times. then
HOA songs were aired. Therefore I can suppose that the program is aimed
towards Somalia (??).
Question : I read that Sharooqa means sunrise . Is this station related
to R Sunrise of UK? AFAIK in older times was a possibly successful Indian
song station .Is far as I can remember it was transmitted on 1458 and via
satellite

Below are logs only on shortwave using R75 with 2x16inv V and HF150 with
16 m hor antenna and with the help of DX remix bulletins :

15400 Kenyalang is blocked (?)by the local FDM like beacons of signal S4

13820 KLL -Germany 0907 song 'chary chery lady' and signal S3 max . at1057
talks by man in German. on 1100 there was the grman version of 'easy
rider'

15720 (S4)and 17720 (S1) Pakistan in Chinese prg with quranic sermons
like prg on 1210 . clock (!) then man with news . Both with garbled
modulation

http://delicious.com/gr_greek1/zak (all my pages )