Interesting Questions Strange short-duration bursts of radio waves — some
seemingly originating from regions that are over 11 billion light years away —
have been detected by researchers over the past couple of years, but their
origins have remained somewhat unclear.

But now, new research has begun to shed some light on these strange radio waves
— terrestrial sources have been definitively ruled out, and there is good
evidence that they are originating from extreme astrophysical events involving
relativistic objects such as neutron stars, black holes, or magnetars.
Lead researcher, Dan Thornton, a PhD student at England’s University of
Manchester and Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research
Organisation, said: “A single burst of radio emission of unknown origin was
detected outside our Galaxy about six years ago but no one was certain what it
was or even if it was real, so we have spent the last four years searching for
more of these explosive, short-duration radio bursts. This paper describes four
more bursts, removing any doubt that they are real. The radio bursts last for
just a few milliseconds and the furthest one that we detected was 11 billion
light years away.”

Read more at
http://planetsave.com/2013/07/08/mysterious-radio-waves-from-11-billion-light-years-away-discovery-raises-interesting-questions/#uIDMiCozVc6k6tuz.99

++++++++