** BRAZIL [and non]. 6000-, Feb 28 at 0059, music and lite het in the absence
of RHC; Portuguese announcement as ``10 horas, Nacional informa``, so I hasten
to compare on second receiver 6180 & 11780 RNA --- I think it is, but by 0101,
RHC English has cut on 6000. So looks likely to be the Brasília transmitter
which is soon to shift to 5990 for DRM tests, as explained in my last report.
Certainly need to check 6000 earlier, but RHC can also be on 6000 before 0100
with the irregular `Mesa Redonda` hour, altho apparently with a transmitter
change before 0100 English. The third signal on 6000 is probably Turkey from
0100. Het upon 6000 RHC is still audible at 0630 Feb 28 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL [and non]. 6134.8, Feb 28 at 0058, low rumbling het, as R. Aparecida
is still/again nuzzled up against R. Santa Cruz, BOLIVIA. Closest I can
estimate: 6134.78 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. 9315-9335 approx., Feb 28 at 1358, extremely distorted FMy spurblob
with CNR1 audio like on 9450 as jamming; peaking around 9320 and effectively
blocking what little signal may be on 9330 from WBCQ. Same blob usually appears
just below or above 9450 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [non]. 15665, Feb 28 at 0623, poor signal in Chinese, which stix out
among lots of weakish signals on 19m in this nightmiddle: mostly from Africa,
Mideast, Australia. Aoki shows R Free Asia via SAIPAN at 03-07, and under
circumstances assume this is really it rather than ChiCom jamming, surely
applied from further north (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 11745-11775, Feb 28 at 0131, RHC 11760 is overmodulating and
splattering over a 30-kHz range (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See
also BRAZIL

** KOREA NORTH. 9435, Feb 28 at 1352 and again at 1458 check, VOK providing
clearly audible jamming noise to accompany open carrier between language
services, bleeding from adjacent transmitters, antennas, no doubt (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [non]. 6135, Feb 28 at 1350, Shiokaze sounders, and seemingly
English news about North Korea, as expected on Fridays, very poor signal from
JSR, Tokyo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6935-USB, Feb 28 at 0117, dense hard-rock music; 0119
back-announce by Radio Free Whatever, a ``great block of rock``, on Show #225.
Announcer gives his address dickwee...@gmail.com and says he is a month behind
on QSL requests from Dick`s mail (sp?) sack [snicker]; invites music requests.
Two different voices conversing but not clear whether it`s really one guy
making two voices; but they do manage to exclaim in unison at 0122, ``until
next time, Do,  Whatever!``, but that`s a false closing, as then mentions that
Mr. Spike of Red Mercury Labs is a ``fallen comrade``, and dedicating a moment
of silence to him. Apparently means he died, rather than just got busted? But
you never know whether pirates are serious or not. 0123 repeats sign-off as
above (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU [and non]. 5980, Feb 28 at 0059, R. Chaski is making some music
audible; *0059:15 carrier on from BBC UAE making a SAH, difficultizing
determining when Chaski cut off, but mixed signal slightly weakens at 0103:59*
which is fittingly 12 seconds later than 48 hours ago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** RWANDA. 17800, Feb 28 at 0625, DW English is audible here in the
nightmiddle, checked // after finding 15275. Only two sesquiweeks from the
Equinox, things are looking up. BTW, Aoki aste*isks both, denoting that the
ChiCom are jamming these English broadcasts to Africa, dangerous objective
journalism evidently otherwise audible for those English-understanders
entrapped in China. Jamming is presumably the noise type we can`t make out
here, but clearly there to Asians (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 4819.5-USB, UT Friday Feb 28 at 0106, the ``Eighth Western Rivers``
USCG auxiliary net I find again, NCS being NM85AO; some CODAR QRM, and other
SSB QRM on the side, plus lite 4820 AM carrier, Tibet or India? Contactees
heard in next few minutes` check-ins: NF85DT, whom NCS requested to invite NMN
to join this net, but negative contact; at 0107, NM85AR, in a double
transmission overriding some other station; at 0108, NF85RL, who had no
traffic. Reconsulting the 20-page roster I found:
NM85AO: Homer Sykes, Topeka KS, a.k.a. Fac ID NM8WJAO
NF85DT: Ernie Venis, Camdenton MO, a.k.a. Fac ID NF8WDT
NM85AR: [unfound]
NF85RL: [unfound]
There`s no doubt I copied the calls correctly, as they were clearly given
fonetikally. Last time I ran across this net was also on a UT Friday, a biweek
ago on Feb 14 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1710 monitoring: confirmed Thursday Feb 27 at 2201 on
WTWW-1, 9475; also confirmed UT Friday Feb 28 from 0430:40 on WWRB-1, 3195,
following a short but respectful 10-second pause once the previous preacher had
stopped; and 3195 off immediately WOR finished at 0459:40*. Next:

Saturday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio, 7265-CUSB
UT Sunday 0030 on WRMI-14, 9495
UT Sunday 0030 on WTWW-2, 5085 (but not last week)
UT Sunday 0501 on WTWW-1, 5830
UT Monday 0400v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v-CUSB (0403 last week)
Tuesday 1200 on WRMI-10, 9955
Wednesday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio, 7265-CUSB
Wednesday 1400 on WRMI-11, 9955
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9265, Feb 28 at 0124, WINB, carrier slightly unstably wobbly, with
impeach Eric Holder screed (kick him when he`s down!), which is ``not about
politix``, yeah, right, on `Viewpoint` show, claiming he and Barack Obama
engage in ``lawless behavior``. Potential forces of rationality, moderation,
have abandoned private US SW to the far-right lunatic fringes, and private
station owners are all too happy to sell them as much time as they want,
abandoning any semblance of responsible broadcasting in the public interest.
Reminder that Feb 28 is to be the very last day for WINB to run its other
frequency in the daytime, 13570 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5085, Feb 28 at 0632 check, BS via WTWW-2 is distorted and
splattering considerably up and down, worse during music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 960, Feb 28 at 0601-0605 UT, local KGWA Enid is still providing a
``Fox-hole`` of dead air instead of Fox news at local midnight, more often than
not; I still check it occasionally, tho chances of hearing anything new are
slim: tonight the KGWA null is dominated by blues music, so presumed WABG in
Greenwood MS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1510-, Feb 28 at 1345 UT, KCTE Independence MO is still off-frequency
(of course), but legally on the air after sunrise, making het with real 1510
stations (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 7455, Feb 28 at 0627 check, usual RTTY is infesting this
frequency, which, not covered in HFCC, stations assume is open for
broadcasting, and WRMI plans to activate it Monday, March 3: Jeff White tells
me it`ll be `Trunews with Rick Wiles (in Vero Beach, FL)`` at 2200-1100 UT, //
another new frequency, 5850. Truenews is another far-right conspiracy show
which has already been on SW via WWCR, WHRI at least, but not for 2 x 13 hours
at a stretch.

He also confirms (despite R. Rebelde 5025) that WRMI does plan to activate 5030
in A-14, based on previous WYFR usage of that frequency in 2006y, so already
with a suitable antenna. I have no recollexion of WYFR ever being on 5030 or
any 60m frequency, and the WYFR A-06 and B-06 schedules did not show it; maybe
only tested rather than regular service? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)