** ANGUILLA. 11775, Sept 3 at 1346 check, Caribbean Beacon is AWOL (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL. 11815+, Sept 4 at 0136, enthusiastic Brazuguese, seems more like
sports than religion but can`t be sure: a bit late for a game? Very poor,
slightly on the hi side, much weaker than 11855 Aparecida, and suffering from
11825 WRMI BSplash; presumed R. Brasil Central, Goiânia, reactivated after a
few weeks` absence. 4985 as usual blocked by RTTY (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 7210-LSB, Sept 4 at 0141, Nelson N1NR Roig railing against
Castro`s Cuba, hit by heavy QRM from presumed DentroCubans, intermittent
distorted talk, probably recorded, no autotune music at the moment (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 12070, Sept 4 at 0134, R. Cairo Spanish good signal but extremely
distorted and with humwhine

11710, Sept 4 at 0137, R. Cairo still missing, just Argentina 11711-

9965, Sept 4 at 0138, R. Cairo Arabic music undermodulated with whine but not
distorted

9315, Sept 4 at 0140, R. Cairo Spanish is JBM on fair signal (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. 9420, Sept 4 at 0133, ERTOPen is on tonight // weaker 9935, and
maybe JBA 15630, not heard on any of the other possibles (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6185, Sept 4 at 0128, XEPPM still readable but modulation seems a
bit lower than 24 hours earlier; and still way stronger than 6180 Brasil (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. A tease of sporadic E appeared on channel A2, antenna south toward
Mexico, as I still leave the analog TV on a lot of the time for the snowstorm
to be interrupted. At 1556 UT Sept 3, fade-in some weak Spanish video grafik
and then audio, but gone in about a minute never to return. Too long to have
been meteor scatter. Es MUF map for 6 meters showed a patch over Ciudad Juárez
reaching 33 MHz. If that was it poking briefly up to 60 MHz, the area
propagated would be around Sinaloa, common here during the season (Glenn Hauer,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MOROCCO. 9575, Sept 3 at 0552, Médi 1 with rapid flutter, and the frequency
is also wobbling, seeming Doppler effect; sounds rather like 7295 Algeria via
France, which I hypothesized to be caused by something completely different;
but they are in the same general area. Rafael Martínez, BDXC-UK Communication
quoted on WORLD OF RADIO 1737 has some recommendations for Médi 1 music shows
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OMAN. 15140, Sept 4 at 0140, JBA carrier presumed RSO since it`s AWOL from
proper 9500, and nothing on 15355 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOLOMON ISLANDS. 5020, Sept 3 at 1157, SIBC with talk, 1158 music maybe NA,
cut off at 1159:52.5*; Cuban splash from 5025 is worsening with our latening
sunrises. Very poor (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PAPUA NEW GUINEA. 3260 and 3275, Sept 3 at 1200, two NBC carriers are on,
but not 3385; one was off before the other a few minutes later but I lost track
of which. Radio East New Britain, 3385 has not been heard since the volcanic
eruption at Rabaul, but no news of exactly what happened to it, when it should
be most needed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. 1521, Sept 4 at 0148, JBA het against KOKC 1520 OKC, looping
NE/SW, presumed 2000 kW Duba BSKSA. See DXLD 14-35 for discussion of this
transmitter, the #1 trans-Atlantic signal on MW in North America. Ben Dawson
found info in ITU listings that it is highly direxional, peak azimuth 296
degrees which crosses populated areas of North Africa, and hits the Americas at
the eastern tip of Cuba. Less and less signal at azimuths further north, but
still plenty with so much to start with. Tom Roberts in Idaho tells me he hears
a signal on 1521, but Nigel Pimblett in southern Alberta says it`s feeble. It
goes from +8 dB gain at max, to -3 at 340 degrees = Calgary (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1736 monitoring: confirmed at 1325 Sept 3 during the
Wednesday 1315 airing on WRMI 9955, fair with no CCI but ACI from the
omnipresent RTTY on hi side; recheck at 1349, WRMI seems to be off, or
diminished to a JBA carrier. Hope WOR aired at least until 1344.

WORLD OF RADIO 1737 monitoring: confirmed first SW broadcast UT Thursday Sept 4
at 0330+ on WRMI webcast and presumed 9955.

I see on the graphic frequency schedule that another hour has been carved out
of Brother Scare for alternative programming, this one on 11580 at 23-24 UT,
including WOR Thursdays at 2330. I suppose it will still have to be last week`s
show rather than the latest one. Next:

UT Friday 0326v on WWRB 3185
Friday 2130 on WRMI 7570 & 15770 [probably last week`s 1736]
Saturday 0630 & 1430 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
UT Sunday 0100 on WRMI 5950 [but 5950 missing Sept 3 & 4]
UT Sunday 0131 on KVOH 9975 [we hope; off the air again last week]
UT Monday 0259v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v-CUSB
Tuesday 1100 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 0630 & 1430 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Wednesday 1315 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 2100 on WBCQ 7490v
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5950, Sept 4 at 0130, again like last night, no signal from WRMI
during what had been alternative programming. Claudio Galaz had reported it
after 0200, but I thought his times must have been an hour off. Still on the
WRMI schedule only until 0200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5085, Sept 3 at 0552, WTWW-2 BS service is still off, but 5830 WTWW-1
is on. 12105, Sept 3 at 1941, BS is again shifted to WTWW-3 and 9930 WTWW-2 is
still off; 9475 WTWW-1 remains on. 12105, Sept 4 at 0127, someone is spelling
W-A-L-T-E-R-B-O-R-O, as the signal is beginning to fade down, lose out to
CODAR. 5085 is off; 9475 is on with SFAW and JBA crosstalk from Brother Scare
but a slight echo apart from 12105 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9265, Sept 3 at 1941 check, WINB is still on here but JBA as usual on
its far too low frequency for summer daytime and not on 13570; contrary to
13570 appearing again on their program schedule and misleading Ivo into
thinking they were back on it at 13-16 UT weekends instead of 13-16 EDT as was
once the case. Checking HFCC A-14 we see no listings for WINB, but instead for
KIMF, the imaginary station in Oregon, or is it Nevada (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3185 // 5050, Sept 4 at 0144, both WWRBs are on with Brother Scare
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5810, Sept 4 at 0132, WEWN is off; barely audible on 11870, and not
on 11520 either (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 7555, Sept 4 at 7555, KJES is off, as often the case during the
0100-0230 transmission (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 13555-USB, Following last night`s unID voice transmission at 0143
UT Sept 3, saying he would be back at same time tomorrow, so am I, tuning in at
0126 UT Sept 4, and waiting for something to show up. Finally at 0150,
American-accent voice says ``[Something] Radio, this is alfa one alfa, over,
over``, and nothing more until 0200. A1A of course also means CW mode, so
searching that on UDXF yg or HFUnderground is pointless. No significant hits
other than hifer beacons on the frequency, but possibly this 7.6-year-old log
in UDXF is related? This speech was not scrambled.

``13555.0Khz dig unIDed TADIRAN scrambled speech S7 here 23:02:18UTC
(2007-02-18) (Vambo in Colorado, USA on ZIRC#wunclub)`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)