** AUSTRALIA. 17840, April 1 at 0535, R. Australia at VG level here after local
``midnite``, and the OSOB; with some hum which turns out to be just from the
phoner clip at the moment, goes away showing how clear the signal is. Also good
on // 15240, poor on 15415, in accordance with different azimuths. May 17840
keep up like this! It`s the one at 21-09 on 70 degree azimuth aimed right at
us, like 9580 at 09-21; just needs agreeable propagation (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** AUSTRALIA. 11590, April 2 at 1325, 1330, 1337, 1406, 1458 chex, no signal
from RBA, where it`s supposed to be now with English after 1445 to S Asia. I
tuned in at 1325 expecting to hear their hymn medley prélude. What happened to
it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1767, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** AUSTRIA. 6155, April 1 at 0538, Ö1 is still playing some lite classical
wake-up music which makes it onto the token 75-minute SW broadcast, now shifted
one UT hour earlier, so a little more darkness on path and a little better
reception, soon to be lost as we progress further into summer. Only poor signal
not enough to enjoy, plus a LAH presumably from Fides, Bolivia, always
off-frequency to hi side. Yet the Moosbrunn SW transmitters are run for many
foreign clients, following in the footsteps of Uzbekistan, dissing its own
broadcasts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BANGLADESH. 15505, April 1 at 1359, BB open carrier, poor with flutter: time
for less than one complete IS before mistimesignal intervenes ending at
1359:33.5 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL. 4885, April 2 at 0540, music audible under CODAR and local storm
noise, so R. Clube do Pará is active for a change (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL. 11710 & 11745 & 11815, April 2 at 0513, crackling spurs from
11780.1v RNA/RNB, the closer ones stronger (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CHINA [and non]. 19000, April 2 at 1338, JBA signal here, matching the
Thursday 13-14 HFCC and Aoki schedules for RFA Tibetan via KUWAIT, and thus
surely jammed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 13850, April 2 at 0514, VG signal level, from R. Cairo to North
America, but presumed Arabic is suptorted; and splatter up to 20 kHz above and
below (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** HAWAII [and non]. 15000, April 1 at 1308, WWVH is very good such that the YL
voice announcements are slightly overmodulated/distorted, while only a trace of
WWV underneath. But there is a third station with second tix of a different
pitch, and they are not a semi-second out of synch. BPM China would be most
likely if they are now on time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INTERNATIONAL INTERNET & VACUUM. As I mentioned before, we have been relying
on the Smithsonian Channel (Suddenlink cable 328 in Enid), for CBS Sunday
Morning, once we discovered it was being repeated there Sunday afternoons,
Monday mornings, and at least one more time during the week; since there is too
much else going on at 1300-1430 UT original airtime. We would never have known
about this except checking out the S.C. schedule, as it was never mentioned on
CBS itself. Osgood would do a different opening (?) and closing, and the final
Nature Segment would always play much longer on S.C. than CBS itself – close to
2 minutes instead of maybe a semiminute, as disposable filler to round out the
time.

So on March 29 we skipped the CBS airing, and were all set for it on S.C. at
1800 UT --- but NOT --- something else was on, and searching its schedule, all
the CBSSM airings are gone, without notice. On CBS website it does appear most
or all of the SM segments may be viewed individually, but it`s a pain to have
to mess with it. At least the ``extended`` nature segment, at least this week,
ran about another minute even longer than on TV. CBS is part owner of S.C., so
obvious how this came about, but why quit? Most of the CBS commercials had been
replaced by Smithsonian promos. The bottom line rules (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** KURDISTAN [non]. 11510, April 2 at 0511, poor signal with heavy flutter,
presumed Denge Kurdistane with Kurdish music on A-15 channel ex-9400.
Registered as PRIDNESTROVYE site 03-19, but at least part of it later is
Bulgaria. Same type of heavy flutter on 9700, ROMANIA in French, tho K index at
03 was only 1 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. 11725, April 2 at 0513, no signal from RNZI, so must be another
Thursday maintenance period; propagation OK, as Australia is in (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 90.1, April 2 at 2036 UT, KUCO Edmond with tristation ID including
95.9 Woodward now as ``KCSC`` which was the original call on 90.1, now
preserved for posterity on ex-KZCU; presumably started April 1 when not checked
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Why do you not allow your countless viewers outside storm areas to
continue watching CBS? You`ve been interrupting Letterman. Yet on 9.2 you are
still showing hours-old news/weather!!!!!! Useless. And what about KSBI? You
were supposedly going to put CBS on there, but it isn`t. In tornado season, at
least, any evening likely to be stormy, just put CBS on one of the extra
channels and be done with it --- without weather interruptions. If we need the
wx, we`re smart enough to watch the main channel (Glenn Hauser, Enid, contact
form to News9 = KWTV OKC, 0357 UT April 1, via DXLD)

Glenn, CBS programming is now available on KSBI, Cox Channel 7 or 707 or 52.1
over the air. Thank you, (Jen Billings, Executive Producer, KWTV News9, 0426
UT, e-mail reply to gh, via DXLD)

Yes, but not until 11:00, after missing the first half of Letterman.
You have all these extra channels (and could create more, like 9.3 or 52.2) so
please just put CBS on one of them when there is any weather which will disrupt
9.1) (Glenn, reply, ibid.)

I understand... I asked for the programming to be flipped over earlier. I
apologize my engineers were slow to react. I promise we'll work to be better.
Thanks for watching... (Jen Billings, 0502 UT April 1, ibid.) See also
INTERNATIONAL INTERNET & VACUUM: Smithsonian/CBS

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. We habitually watch NHK TV News at the only time
available, via OETA OKLA 13.2 subchannel, M-F 1600-1630 UT. Previous time
references indicated it was one or two hours delayed, but April 2 at 1600 the
anchor opens saying it`s 7 pm Thursday in Tokyo! That was 1000 UT, entirely too
long to delay a world news program. Is no later one available, as 5 am CDT
would not have much of an audience here? By now it`s 1 am in Tokyo (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ROMANIA. 13740, Wednesday April 1 at 1344 as I tune across this AM
frequency, startled to hear a ``CQ`` in Morse code amid music and announcement
in Russian, poor. Aoki shows this is RRI from Tiganeshti during this semihour
only, so was this a DX program? Or like in English merely a mailbag. BTW, in
Russian, there is no C or Q as we know them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** SPAIN. 17855, April 2 at 2033, REE is still missing from what had been its
strongest frequency, on 290-degree N American beam, but audible on 17715 poor,
15490 fair, 15450 poor. Maybe it`ll be back if they get a fourth transmitter
operational again. Supposedly some of the several units are back in Spain after
a visit to America for repairs --- still find it hard to believe they shipped
the entire transmitters back and forth rather than components such as exciters
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1767, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SUDAN [and non] 11650, April 1 at 0538, R. Dabanga, poor via VATICAN with
tone jammer; // 13800 via MADAGASCAR is JBA, can`t tell if there is a tone
jammer too.

11650, April 2 at 0512, R. Dabanga poor with tone jammer atop it; 13800, April
2 at 0515, R. Dabanga fair signal but with double-tone jamming, the hi whiner
and the low audible heterodyne (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1767, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** TIBET [and non]. 4820, April 1 at 1246, poor signal with het on hi side,
1248 could be in Chinese.

4920, April 1 at 1248, poor broadcast signal. Both these could be Lhasa, the
latter in Tibetan; or both could be AIR INDIA, Kolkata and Chennai
respectively, all scheduled on air at this time, as the two giant neighbors
cannot or will not agree to use non-conflicting 60mb frequencies. The 4820+ het
could be India, which typically wanders off-frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** TIBET [non]. 15525, April 1 at 1406, presumed V. of Tibet via MADAGASCAR,
poor-fair, and as expected, jumps to 15530 at 1407:04 to avoid Chicom jamming;
but none heard here before or after on either frequency. So no change in this
from B-14 to A-15. No OOB CNR1 jammers found propagating before 1400 in a 12-18
MHz scan (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1766 monitoring: confirmed Wednesday April 1 at 1315
on WRMI 9955, sufficient, no jamming, but usual RTTY on hi side to avoid. Also
confirmed Wednesday April 1 at 2100 on webcast of WBCQ; a few minutes later can
detect a JBA carrier on 7490v. Also confirmed UT Thursday April 2 at 0350 on
WRMI 9955, good signal, as 1767 is not yet ready. Also presumed one more repeat
on 9955, April 2 at 1230 as 1767 is still not ready.

WORLD OF RADIO 1767 monitoring: finished and uploaded by 2118 UT April 2, so
first SW airing will be Friday 2130:
Fri 2130  WRMI   15770 & 7570
Sat 0630  HLR     7265-CUSB Hamburger Lokalradio [time shift for DST]
Sat 1000  WRMI    5850
Sat 1530  HLR     7265-CUSB Hamburger Lokalradio [time shift for DST]
Sat 1930v WA0RCR  1860-AM
Sat 2130  Global 24 9525 via BULGARIA
[last week; but unconfirmed for this week; time/frequency may change]
Sun 0315v WA0RCR  1860-AM
Sun 2300  WRMI   11580
Mon 0300v WBCQ    5110v Area 51 [SW not on air last week but webcast]
Tue 1100  WRMI    9955
Wed 0630  HLR     7265-CUSB Hamburger Lokalradio
Wed 1315  WRMI    9955
Wed 1430  HLR     7265-CUSB Hamburger Lokalradio
Wed 2100  WBCQ    7490v
Thu 0330  WRMI    9955 [or 1768 if ready in time]
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 11425-SSB, April 1 at 1350, intermittent music, singing and 2-way
contacts, very poor here, again at 1358, and meanwhile several similar signals
below this frequency. Presumably Indonesian QSO pirates, as also heard here
last Oct 22 & 23 as in DXLD 14-44, originally reported by Dan Sheedy in DXLD
14-43 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 13562-CW, approx., April 2 at 0517, vs heavy CODAR I detect a CW
beacon at the verge of inaudibility. Slow ID but copying each character is
difficult as I listen over and over for almost ten minutes. Stops or fades out
by 0526. Closest I can make out is V1RGM/B, but at least one of those is likely
to be wrong, as I find no similar call in the HIFER references, nor is it a
valid ham call. Amazing number of unrelated hits on the web, however, for
V1RGM. Ideas? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 2326 UT April 2