** BRAZIL. 11855, July 8 at 0554, ``Bridge Over Troubled Waters`` song, but
lyrix unseem English; maybe Brazuguese, but not sure of that either. It`s R.
Aparecida, but this song is not religious, rather about friendship, or by
extension love; 9630, July 8 at 0556 hearing more of same on weaker signal
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 11880, July 8 at 0553, no signal from RHC English, unlike 24 hours
ago; back on 6060 where it`s supposed to be, keeping company with the rest of
The Cuban Five.

11845, July 8 at 1317, lite pulse jamming is *still* here on frequency R. Martí
abandoned years ago. Turn it on and forget it forever!

11860, July 8 at 1318, open carrier/dead air from RHC, while all others checked
are nominally modulating: 11950, 13740, 15230, 15370, 15730. Left a receiver on
11860, which finally came to life at 1333, programming JIP by the Radio Cuba
sloppy-rator (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Channel A2 NTSC, July 7 at 2235 UT, brief fade-in of novela with
TRECE legend at upper-right, i.e. bug for Azteca-13 network. Had been
monitoring 54-60 MHz most of the day waiting for Es MUF to reach it, but
nothing more than this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA. 9690-, July 8 at 0557, VON is already on with good signal, drumming
and singing prior to Hausa hour. // 7255- also audible at 0603 July 8 but much
weaker and undermodulated (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA [non]. 13775, July 8 at 0600, wake-up music, brief interruption by
uteblatt, ``I want to be a soldier`` song which it seems they play every day,
then ``This is the Nigerian Armed Forces Radio, broadcasting on 11825 in the 25
meter band and 13775 in the 21 meter band. The Nigerian Armed Forces Radio will
bring you news, views and comment on matters of the moment``; 11825 is much
weaker, but seemingly //. These tests via FRANCE have been extended at least
until July 10. Note: I am not quoting Ivo who has now also stated this, but he
is quoting me without saying so (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PAPUA NEW GUINEA [non]. 12025, July 8 at 0551, good signal from NBC relay
amid silly ballgame coverage. Seems a lot of them are played in the local
afternoons, this being almost 4 pm in PNG; evenings would be only marginally
cooler in the tropix.

9860, July 8 at 0557, poor signal but finally able to hear the other scheduled
frequency for NBC relay, also with SBG and // 12025 --- not exactly! 9860 is
about a second, or one word behind 12025. This bolsters our belief that
contrary to published info, not all of this is from ``Townsville`` --- Brandon
when carrying R. Australia would also be a satellite delay behind Shepparton.
12025 signal remains ``too good`` to be 10 kW, and the only 100 kW transmitters
had been idle in Shepparton, Victoria.

6075, July 8 at 1251, NBC with poor signal in music past hourtop, 1302 NBC ID
and a bit of news?, ads, 1306 back to music; still audible very poorly with
music at 1326. Until 1300 there was hardly anything else audible around 49m
except 5830 WTWW; after 1300, RNZI on 6170 with much stronger signal but it too
is losing out by 1330, a bihour after sunrise here.

Dan Ferguson points out that ``The HFCC public data file now shows entries
covering the broadcasts of the Pacific Games by PNG`s National Radio, via
Brandon, Australia. The entries cover the dates July 1 to October 24. Perhaps
this implies continuing broadcasts after the conclusion of the Games, perhaps
not.``

These are over-registered including 5995 as alternate for 6075, and 9660 as
alternate for 9860. And frequency management is still being outsourced to Bernd
Friedewald = BFM. Like too much of HFCC ``official`` info, this must include
disinformation, as real monitoring still indicates 12025 and 6075 are
Shepparton, while 9860 is Brandon. Possibly even NBC is in the dark about this;
at least they claim to be on Townsville only. But what does Friedewald know?
He`s not likely to say. I`m rather amused/bemused that other sources continue
to believe the official info rather than our own monitoring evidence (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 550, July 8 at 0605 UT, Missouri and Illinois news by guy with a
Britishish accent. I wish I could place it exactly, not Queen`s. Then KTRS
Forecast from St Louis; outroed his name but hard to catch, maybe something
like Trevor Phillips Ford? And into Jim Bohannon. Searching on Trevor Phillips
leads to a report on Ferguson he did from KTRS for WFLA in Florida (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15350.5-USB, July 8 at 1404, colloquial Spanish 2-way intruding,
one much stronger than the other, with weak het from a legit station on
15350.0, which per HFCC could be Germany or Egypt; per Aoki no Egypt, just
Gospel for Asia in Bondo on Wednesdays via Nauen (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1530 UT July 8