** CANADA. 2749-USB, Aug 17 at 0152, barely audible YL robot in French with
presumed marine weather, which per Bill Hepburn`s site
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/mb.htm
starting at 0140 UT is Fundy, VAR-3, (Yarmouth) NS, shared with three other
Maritime stations at other hours. Lucky to hear anything with summer storm
noise level on 2 MHz band.

Nothing audible on the N&L channel 2598-USB. At least into fall and winter we
should also check other Canadian 2 MHz marine weather channels, which are
further and more exotic from here, skeds also on that site:
Eastern Arctic 2514, 2582, 4353, 6507
Western Arctic 4353, 5803, 6218.6
Pacific Coast  2054 kHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. Sporadic E poking above 54 MHz: UT August 17 around 0030 some video
CCI on channel A2; 6m Es map shows 77 MHz MUF centered over KS/MO, really too
close to here, around 300 miles. Just a guess, the analog NTSC video is coming
from Ontario rather than México, which often comes in here despite the maps and
the antenna remains pointed SSE.

August 17 around 1530, signs of Es CCI on channel 2, leading to an FM log from
Ohio: see U S A.

1753 UT check of 6m Es map, 79 MHz MUF over Illinois; next check at:

2230 UT on 2, some Es CCI; now 6m map shows 85 MHz MUF over Iowa:
http://www.dxmaps.com/spots/map.php?Lan=E&Frec=50&Map=NA
While G7IZU RADIO REFLECTION DETECTION [sic, no X`s]
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/muf5.html
is out of service: `` THIS SITE WILL NOT BE UPDATING BETWEEN 14th AUGUST AND
4th SEPTEMBER 2015`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE. 13695, Aug 16 at 2021, poor signal in African language, i.e. Hausa
as scheduled this semihour only from RFI via Issoudun; I was checking 13700 for
possible WHRI carace (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also UNID 13750

** INDONESIA. 9526, Aug 17 at 1320, JBA carrier, signature fingerprint enough
to know that Voice of Indonesia is again on the air today during presumed
English hour; and tell-tale het with 9525 at 1403, i.e. collision with CRI
Russian, which is 500 kW at 37 degrees also USward from Shijiazhuang 723 site.
Atsunori Ishida, http://rri.jpn.org/ reports RRI active on 9526 every day since
Aug 12 except Aug 15. Who won trips to Indonesia this year? Nobody who heard
them on SW! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 580, Aug 17 at 0541, ranchera music is holding its own
against WIBW Topeka, presumed XEMU Piedras Negras, and as the two are not
exactly opposite, by carefully positioning the DX-398 I can null or minimize
the WIBW signal without totally nulling the other one. Live DJ with timecheck,
but no ID, before WIBW regains (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6925.16-AM, Aug 17 at 0050, JBA carrier, again assuming it`s
the previously IDed elsewhere on signature off-frequency, Liquid Radio. Gone at
0120 check (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6962-AM, Aug 17 at 0049, the unID pirate heard last night
must be on again via signature split frequency, music around S9 but about the
same as storm noise level. 0100 still very poor with music; 0120 sounds better
but still reading S9. 0132 now it`s stronger on USB, no LSB or carrier
detected, but never any announcements yet; 0138 a whistling song; 0139 clip of
radio drama, science fixion? And cut to another, ``This was me bad``; now up to
S9+25! Very familiar monolog, yes, it`s Howard Beal from `Network`, culminating
with ``I`m mad as hell and I`m not going to take it any more!!!``; 0142 cut
back to rock music. 0145, ``VIP (?) Radio, burn it down`` and off. Then I check
this thread on it, natch, all from further east:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,23015.0.html
where conclusion was the ID ran ``BID Radio, burn it down``, which I suppose
makes more sense (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, Aug 17 at 0112 UT, Mexican music, 6 Hz SAH with nulled KMOX
already skywaving in, as I am checking KETU/KEOR Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa, daytimer
which the last few days of July I was hearing cutting off automatically a few
minutes after official sunset, around 0148 UT. But in August, official FCC
sunset for Catoosa is 0115 UT, so will it go off a few minutes after that now?
NO! 0118 music sounds Brazilian; 0125 UT still going with music, surge in
strength, maybe sunset enhancement, but fading down after 0130. Still NEVER ANY
announcements about the music, let alone IDs or ads, just segués at 0124, 0131;
still on at 0142, 0147 as KMOX is growing; 0149:16 segué, but cut off the air
mid-music at 0151:03.5*, so no essential change since July (Glenn Hauser, Enid,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OMAN. 9740, Aug 17 at 0107, Arabic music, poor about S6, and not on 9500 or
15140, so presumed RSO extended the ``22-24 UT`` channel (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU. 5980, Aug 17 at 0056, JBA carrier from R. Chaski, traces of
modulation, until autocutoff at 0105:27.5*, which is 41 seconds later than 7
days ago until 0104:46.5*, averaging 5.86 seconds later per, right on schedule
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. 9370, August 17 at 0534, Brother Scare on good signal
but deep fades, yet the SSOB, better than WRMI 9395, 9955, as WWRB is once
again running the day frequency thru the night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** SPAIN. Is Radio Exterior de España external service back? Dear Mr. Hauser:
I've been reading the DX Listening Digest for long but as I`m not a very active
DXer, never thought of sending anything that would help. Well, after some
months it seems REE is back not only in Spanish, It seems there is not
transmitter-off at 2200 UT, as right now the program continued with External
Service in Arabic and at 2230 in English on 15450, 15490, 17715 and 17855 kHz.
I m not sure if that's a mistake, but it`s strange. As I'm only 50 km far from
the TX, the program is well received at the Twente SDR Radio. Cheers! (Justino
Losada Gómez, Getafe, Madrid, 2237 UT Aug 17, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Tnx, Justino! Yes, there it is here too, best on 17855 in English at 2248, item
about a gay pride parade; also audible on 17715 and 15490 but not audible on
15450 which is always weakest here anyway until 2200. Hard to imagine it
accidentally doing this on all four transmitters. Stay tuned! (Glenn Hauser,
2252 UT Aug 17, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST) Follow-up:

After notifying the Group before it`s over, back to the dials, but this time on
the FRG-7 with too much noise from local devices. 17855 is best at 2259 with
vocal music; 2300 timesignal and sign-off announcement in Spanish: I can`t copy
details, but it sounds like the standard one with the full frequency schedule
in Spanish only. Back to IS past 2304 on 17855, while 17715 and 15450 are
carriers only; now I`m on the porch with PL-880 and less noise. At 2305, 17855
also cuts to open carrier and all three are slow to turn off before I do as it
starts to sprinkle. Whether the extension of an hour with Arabic and English
remains, is to be heard (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SRI LANKA. 11905, Aug 17 at 0114, JBA carrier; can make out some SLBC music
after 0115 but not the mistimesignal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1786 monitoring: confirmed Sunday August 16 at 2300 on
WRMI 11580; also confirmed UT Monday August 17 on Area 51 webcast, starting
late at 0323 as JL ran over again; and later audible on WBCQ 5109.7-CUSB, as
well as starting at 0330 on WRMI 9955. Next:
1100 UT Tuesday WRMI 9955
0630 UT Wednesday HLR 7265-CUSB
1315 UT Wednesday WRMI 9955
1430 UT Wednesday HLR 7265-CUSB [please check; unheard last week]
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 13700, Sunday Aug 16 at 2021 check, no signal from WHRI, which on
July 27 at least activated this frequency for live coverage of a silly and
dangerous carace; I suppose they may occasionally happen on other Sunday (or
Saturday) afternoons. 13700 is still missing from WHRI HFCC registrations:
http://www.hfcc.org/data/schedbybrc.php?seas=A15&broadc=HRI
Altho propagation is very degraded, with very poor signals on 13605 and 13845
US stations. Instead I hear something on 13695: FRANCE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 88.1, Aug 17 at 1546 UT, rock music DX by sporadic E briefly surges
up to here, as I have been seeing CCI on channel 2 TV for an hour or so. 88.1
is my lowest/best Es FM DX channel, as it doesn`t take much to override either
of the Okies on it 80-90 miles away. 1554 UT live YL DJ ``non-stop dance
party``, WZIP ID in passing, request line 330-972-8888, then Katy Perry. It`s
the 7.9 kW University of Akron [OH] station, where website
http://www.wzip88.com/ emphasizes polkas, sports, and ex-Bruce Jenner. WTFDA
lists it as ``Rhythmic CHR``. City-to city distance: 1510 km = 938 statute
miles (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660-AM, Aug 17 at 0153 UT, JBA carrier, probably from the KGLD
1330 Tyler TX second harmonic, which I IDed previously when conditions were
much quieter. Why not, as I am getting Nova Scotia now on 2749. However, this
should be well after KGLD cut from day power of 1000 to night power of 77 watts
on non-direxional fundamental: August SR/SS officially: 1145/0100 UT;
September, 1200/0030 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 13750, Aug 17 at 0536, very poor signal, but yet the SSOB, sounds
like country-rock music; gone at 0555. Nightly bedtime all-bandscans make it
pretty obvious when something different shows up, like this. And nothing is
scheduled in HFCC or Aoki. Most likely it`s RFI Issoudun on early before its
0600 Hausa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 0028 UT August 18