** CANADA. 2582-USB, Oct 18 at 0041, unID speech, JBA at S6 vs noise level;
much weaker than 2749-USB, nothing on 2598-USB at the moment, nor 2514-USB.
Canadian CG site says 2582 is used for 2-way comms, paired with 2206 kHz, from
various sites in Arctic, N&L, Nova Scotia. The only marine weather broadcast we
are likely to get on 2582 is at 0205 from Iqaluit/Resolute with ice info also
on //? 4363, 6507. Further 2582 broadcasts from one or the other are at 1240,
1410, 1705, 2235, 2310 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 9965.01, Oct 18 at 0103, R. Cairo Arabic is S9+25 but suptorted, JBM.

9315, Oct 18 at 0127, not even a JBA carrier from R. Cairo, but if there were,
it would suffer severe QRM from a noisy ute blob circa 9317, not to mention
insufficient modulation itself (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NETHERLANDS [non]. 7395, Oct 18 at 0131, ute noises --- oooh, it`s VOA
Radiogram, still at same time UT Sundays via The Mighty KBC via Nauen, Germany,
on its new frequency, ex-7375. 0132 no outro as usual, but right back to jingle
and KBC music. Running about S9, and despite 7385 WHRI rating S9+40, not a
problem at the moment. So KBC has also shifted one UT hour earlier, Sat
2300-0200 Sun, but the Radiogram within it has not (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6925.16 approx., Oct 18 at 0114, only 43 mb pirate activity
is this reliable but too-weak signal, just making out some music on AM at S5,
still presumed Liquid Radio. These logs say it was, and they also had trouble
hearing it, on 6925.145:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,23972.0.html

I couldn`t help but notice that the Columbus-Days pirate, Radio Paisiano (which
I didn`t hear) was also reported on such an off-frequency, same transmitter?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6770-AM, Oct 18 at 0118, oldtimeradio pirate, song and
applause, then sounds like Jack Benny and Buffalo --- er, Rochester. S6 at max,
which is better than usual, and at the moment the `best` pirate on band, but
still too weak to SWL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU. 5980, Oct 18 until 0107:53.5*, JBA carrier from R. Chaski cuts off,
i.e. 13.5 seconds later than a binite ago, Oct 16 until 0107:40.5*, averaging
6.75 seconds later per (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SRI LANKA. 11905, Oct 18 at 0114:30 tune-in, VP carrier, but prélude music
clearly starts at 0114:47.5; 2+1 mis-timesignal ends at 0115:17.5, SLBC opening
in Hindi(?) by YL strong enough to tell modulation is somewhat distorted (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1795 monitoring: confirmed UT Sunday Oct 18 at 0343 UT
on WA0RCR, Wentzville MO, 1860-AM --- very poor amid the noise, but the voice
is familiar; earlier check at 0323, ARRL News was still playing. Next:
Sun 2300   WRMI 11580 to NE
Mon 0300v  WBCQ 5110v Area 51 to WSW
Mon 0330   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Tue 1100   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 1315.5 WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 2100   WBCQ 7490v to WSW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 11580, Oct 18 at 0124, WRMI with ID for ``FG Radio, the Famagusta
Gazette``, and what else? Rock music. Fair S5-6 signal as this is now scheduled
UT Sundays 0115-0130. `Wavescan` presumably followed, but by 0150, 11580 has
faded down too far to tell.

I wonder what the preceding 0100-0115 UT Sunday program is about,
``Traditores``? I and the dixionary don`t think that`s a real Spanish word.
Here it is, found in a google search:
http://traditores.org/thf/  It`s English, a variant of ``traitors`` and just
another evangelistic gimmick, a show which started last week from a preacher
without a brick & mortar church (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9974.94 approx., Oct 18 at 0057 tune-in, no signal, but KVOH comes on
at *0058 with IDs, 0059 sign-on as 9.975 and intro a ``news summary`` --- I
expected ``Mutualradionews`` as on their schedule, but this was only for a
minute, outroed instead as TruNews. One item was really Olds, as it referred to
the Democratic debate ``last night``, which means this was recorded on
Wednesday, at least 3 days ago! At 0101, ``proudly`` introducing ``Radio
Mystery Theatre with E. G. Marshall`` (the for-example guy) (leaving out the
CBS), which was recorded more like 40 years ago, but holds up better. According
to http://www.cbsrmt.com/ there are 1,399 episodes available for free download,
spanning 1974-1982y (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 7504.80, Oct 18 at 0129, WRNO is on tonight, S9+20 with usual gospel
huxter (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, Oct 18 at 0140 UT, WOAI San Antonio is still remarkably weak,
with CCI, apparently WOAI the one with a silly footballgame. It`s eclipsed by
inbooming 1210 KGYN Guymon OK on day pattern as usual. In fact, last night,
KGYN splatter was axually QRMing WOAI and its CCI, WAMB? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1420, Oct 18 at 0143 UT, Kim Komando computer guruess (or rather,
``Digital Goddess``) offers to give a caller her personal e-mail for personal
advice. Seems to loop NE/SW, which is the worst direxion for the KCRC 1390+30
spur/het. Her website is user-unfriendly! What does she know? You have to enter
a zip code to find ``your`` station of the 450+ she`s on.

Why should I have to look up the zip codes for possible stations, such as
Lubbock TX, Hobart OK, or Neosho MO? I try entering Neosho anyway, and what do
I get? Three unrelated Wisconsin stations in Fond du Lac, Fort Atkinson and
Milwaukee! OK, I enter zips for Lubbock and Joplin, but she`s on other stations
in those cities. On a hunch, I try Mankato MN for KTOE, and she is on there,
but Sunday night, not UT Sunday. WOC Davenport IA looks like another very good
prospect: BINGO, Saturdays at 6 pm CT [starting at 23+ UT] (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5800.17, Oct 18 at 0053 as I tune up the bands, what`s this? C&W
tune by YL, S9+5 AM but undermodulated; 0054 OM talks, then seems it`s a
parlato song, but cuts off air at 0056*. Very intriguing! Could it be our old
harmonicizer, KWHW Altus OK, 4 x 1450, instead of 2 x which was active last
May? But that was on the lo side of 2900, and a few minutes earlier I had tuned
up across 2900 without noticing anything. If not KWHW, there are 185 other 1450
stations in the US & Canada. Other possible fundamentals to land on 5800 are
1160 and 580. It would be considerably west of here if making a sunset
pattern/power reduxion circa 0100 UT.

The abrupt cutoff a few minutes before the hour, however, smax of a mixing
product with some SW station, like WWCR/WNQM, but 5800 is not 1300 kHz away
from any WWCR frequency, and meanwhile 6115 is still on as is 4840. 4840 plus
960 = 5800, but programming and cutoff don`t work for this to be an external
mix between WWCR and local KGWA Enid. I didn`t have time for a thorough //
search on the 49 mb, but seems unlikely to be a leapfrog with such
American-style AM programming.

And it could always be a pirate; not much activity on 6.9 MHz band at the
moment. 5800 was one of many Station YHWH frequencies --- remember how active
he was just a year ago until busted? But 5800 has been used more by
Euro-pirates, notably Free Radio Service Holland. HF Underground has some old
logs of that running late night on 5800, but no recent logs of anything on
5800. Must recheck less than 24 hours later. Or maybe FRSH will confirm this?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 0459 UT October 18