** CUBA [and non]. 7210-LSB, Oct 19 at 0102, music jamming in Spanish is louder
than anti-Castro ranter N1NR; rather continuous (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CUBA. 9630, Oct 18 at 2238, Cuban-style pulse jamming, must be stray; victim
would be R. Aparecida, Brasil, but unheard now, while later in evening I`ve not
heard the jamming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 9800.00, Oct 18 at 2233, open carrier, almost dead air except for
some hum, and maybe just barely modulated; S9+15 and frequency is right on, so
R. Cairo is well on its way to competence?

Hardly; tuning up and down, I discover a set of spurs out of this transmitter
putting out same rough hum tone, very approx., as no specific carriers can be
pinpointed, at ~42 kHz intervals, the closest ones loudest: 9884, 9842, 9758,
9716, 9674 (but not 9632 or 9926).

2115-2245 English to Europe (and N America beyond) in B-15 is registered for
both 9800 and 9900, but only one will be misused.

9315, Oct 19 at 0113, again no signal at all from R. Cairo; but no ute hash on
9317 this time. There should have been at least a JBA carrier if on at all,
since 9965 Arabic frequency was very poor (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** PERU. 5980, Oct 19 at 0059, JBA carrier from R. Chaski until cutoff at
0108:01*, which is a hefty 7.5 seconds later than yesterday (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. 1521.0, Oct 19 at 0121, constant het against 1520.0 KOKC OKC.
I make sure it peaks from NE/SW, rather than SE/NW, and that there is no
carrier on 1559, thus reassuring me it`s really the 2 megawatt BSKSA in Duba,
not a plus/minus 19 kHz spur from ZNS 1540 Bahamas as heard in New England
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** THAILAND. 9390, Oct 18 at 1230, R. Thailand cuts on after open carrier, with
National News, starting with human trafficking; fair with flutter. 1238 Bangkok
Airways ad and World News is next. Haven`t had it this good in a long time,
still weaker than 9395 WRMI; too bad this is the best we can do for HSK9 in
North America; if only it were aimed our way instead of toward Australia. The
so-called NAm service at 0000-0230 on 15590 is usually inaudible here. Judging
from others` logs, the beamchange at 0030 from 6 to 30 degrees via Udorn (East
to West NAm) can make a big difference.

What`s coming for R. Thailand, English in B-15? Per HFCC, as usual for NAm at
0000-0100 & 0200-0230, back to 13745. Let`s also hope RHC is no longer blasting
away on 13740. Elsewhen:
0530-0600 17640 Eu
1230-1300 & 1400-1430 still 9390 aimed southeast
1900-2000 & 2030-2045 still 9390 to Europe
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY [and non]. 9830, Oct 18 at 2230, VOT English to N America is buried
in the usual RTTY infesting this frequency; a few days ago, however, no RTTY
heard. English in B-15 from October 25 is entirely predictable, virtually
identical to previous B-seasons, all one hour later per HFCC:
2300 5960
0400 9655, 7240
1330 12035
1730 11730
1930  6050
2130  9610
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 6903.5-USB, Oct 18 at 2246, Air Force MARS net, using abbr`d fonetik
calls, strongest S9 and NCS being ``4PM``, later fully AFA4PM, and the topic
is: whether abbr`d calls cause a problem. He says not for him in 12 years of
activity. But joint MARS nets could have duplicates with e.g. Army MARS calls
lacking the full prefices. Contacts include 1DZ who is JBA, R3 and OI. By
tune-out a few minutes later, AFA4PM is registering 25 over 9.

My last log on 6903.5 was in March of 2013 when I thought it was Army MARS, as
in DXLD 13-10. This page, top Google hit on AFA4PM,
http://www.afmars.net:8080/qilan/MARS/list_RMS_stations
says AFA4PM is in Tennessee. I also had him on 3299.5-USB, Jan 9, 2015 at 0112.

6823.0-USB, Oct 19 at 0056, some station says ``out``; this frequency
previously traced to Texas Army MARS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 13564-CW, Oct 18 at 2224, Part 15 HIFER beacon GNK is very poor but
audible vs CODAR with slow ID only over and over; from Madison WI (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9475, Oct 19 at 0058, WTWW-1 is still on here, but very poor, not yet
on 5830, nor at 0107. So much for my previous obs that they were prudently
downing the frequency earlier. Nothing on 5085 either from WTWW-2 which usually
on UT Mondays has Ted running the QSO show. 12105, WTWW-3 is JBA at 0116 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9370, Oct 19 at 0115, WWRB is still on day frequency with BS very
poor, nothing on 5050, but 3185 was on already at 0108 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, Oct 18 at 0601 UT, YL ID for Radio Mujer, seemingly three times
in a row; still can`t copy all the details vs CCI, but sure sounds like she
mentions KLVE, 95.1 FM Bastrop. The FCC has no 95.1 in Bastrop and no station
with those or similar calls. Anyhow we know the 1530 station is really KZNX
Creedmore TX (Austin market).

Wayne Heinen of the NRC AM Log says the 95.1 with same ownership as 1530 KZNX
is: K236AY, 99 watt translator licensed to Westlake Hills, apparently now
relaying KZNX 1530 instead of KTXZ 1120.

But what is this ``KLVE``(?) they keep IDing as? The real KLVEs are in
California, or KLBE is in North Dakota, none on 95.1. BTW, WTFDA DB comes up
with 18 listings in TX on 95.1; FCC FM Query comes up with 35, including CPs,
APPs, USEs – whatever that means (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. MSNBC, Oct 18 at 1851.5 UT, on `Meet the Press`, Chuck Todd once
again promises to ``be back in 45 seconds``, but the commercial break before
final segment lasts *almost 3 minutes* (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5800, Oct 18 at 2255, no signal here; checking again closer to 24
hours after yesterday`s unID musical log, Oct 19 at 0054 past 0100, still no
reshow (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 9625, Oct 18 at 2239, regular pulsing at the rate of about 254
per minute, louder and quite different from the Cuban-type on 9630. This one
also spreads out 10 kHz above and below. Only thing scheduled now on 9625 is
Taiwan in Thai, unlikely to be deliberately jammed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 0431 UT October 19