----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Hauser via Hard-Core-DX" Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 6:36
Subject: [HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs February 8, 2016

ETHIOPIA. 7236.425, Feb 8 at 1410, JBA carrier presumed the variable Addis
Ababa-Gedja transmitter, which I last logged on the other side of 7235; by
long path, or short-path grayline? Aoki shows during this hour it should
be R. Ethiopia in Arabic.
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

7236.673 kHz accurate noted in Moscow remote unit at 1810 UT, as usual some
frequency irregularly varying up and down,
hit heavily by Woofferton Babcock powerhouse,
KBS Seoul RUSSIAN sce at S=9+50dB powerhouse level,
but heard tiny slight interference whistle difference tone of 1800 Hertz too.
wb

YEMEN [non]. 11860, Feb 8 at 1445 I start monitoring R. Sana`a
continuously in case some Call To Prayer should appear. First, heavy music
and exhortations, bit of a distressed child`s voice; 1454 the vamping
music with ``mission statement``; song past 1502, finally talk at 1506
past 1508, so it seems the CTP exercise in piety is a past-thing. I wonder
if the Sunni and Shia disagree too about the importance of broadcasting
them. By now the gaisma.com calculated sunsets have progressed to 1504 UT
in Sana`a and Aden; the change is slowing so that it will take another
month to laten by 6-8 minutes.
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 1737 UT February 8

Re excile Sana'a Yemen R via Saudi Arabia facility on Febr 8th:

at 18 UT heard a strange BUBBLE  NOISE  OTHR  of centered
wide-range 11859 to 11880 kHz,
in peaks either sideband 11851 to 11886 kHz.
Could it be an Iranian OTHR testwise in 25 mb broadcast band ?

73 wb