Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 6:27 PM
Subject: [dxld] Re: Log 7204.0 - Sudan?

Hi Thorsten,
Thanks for your posting. March 25, at 0441, I also had UNID on about
7203.98. First time I noted a station there. Very poor signal, with what
sounded like pop music and announcer, but much too weak to even make a
guess as to what the language was; unusable; just above threshold level
audio. So poor that I did not stay with it. Sorry I did not make a note
about 7205, if there or not. Worth checking on another day.

Ron
California

- - - - - -  Thorsten wrote:

Just a little odd log:

7204.0, march 25, 1530+, strong carrier, relatively low modulation,
arabic/quran chants, arabic talk. QRM by 7205 PBS Xinjiang, weaker
signal but stronger modulation. Sudan seemingly not there, so quite sure
it's them 1 kHz below nominal. At 1700 CRI crashes in from 7205, making
further observations obsolete till later in the evening.

73 thorsten