Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [mwdx] MONGOLIA. DX test on 1431 AM this week

Hi All
When Mongolia ran English on 990 kHz back in the early 90s their signal was
very strong in Beijing but was not heard in Guangzhou (Canton). This test
may also be very directional.

Tony VK2IC
On May 25, 2016 4:36 AM, "'Wolfgang Bueschel' dg1...@t-online.de [mwdx]" <
m...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I guess likely former Radio Moscow, US-VoA and US-RFA foreign relay site
in > use at

MNG Choybalsan 1350kHz 500 kW 8-mast directional sidefire antenna in
150degr azimuth
location 48 00 02.70 N 114 26 17.42 E
see Google Earth image of 03 November 2007 snap.

Distance to Pyongyang KRE 1400 kilometers in 133 degrees.
These USSR sidefire antennas are slewable at +/- 30 degress, I guess,
like in Bolshakovo Kaliningrad Oblast.

Former 1350 kHz frequency can be adjust easily to new 1431 kHz channel ?

> Originally used for Radio Moscow Mandarin service Peking dialect,
> in 1987 to 1992 in direction of Peking.

> Since 2009 year in use for US IBB Voice of America / Radio Free Asia
> service in Korean to both Koreas.

wb df5sx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Hauser wghau...@yahoo.com [mwdx]" >