As a further update...

The Kaito USA ebay sales man Jason under the multimeter_depot user name
replied to me again saying "We only ship to the 48 states"

That is pretty low class and shoddy business practices. USPS Priority Mail
in a flat rate box costs no more to Alaska, then it does to say, Kentucky
or Maine.

Funny, I can go to Kaito's own website order the same radio and have it
shipped via USPS Priority Mail to Alaska.

I know multimeter_depot is the ebay side of Kaito USA based upon the
receipt I got from paypal, showing me where my money went.

The owner of Kaito USA and I traded a few emails and desptie me telling him
twice I'd placed the order anyways, he asked, "So, did you yet place the
order with us or not?"

I've let everyone i know on multiple websites, email lists and facebook
groups of Kaito's poor decision and custom service.. also making it
impossible for alaskans to call your toll free number I can assure you many
of us will be buying form Anon CO in china in the future when we need
Tecsun Radios.

I don't wanna be mean, but I will gladly take my money where it's wanted
and easily acceptable.\

And guess what? The tecsun just shipped out, to my friend in Herndon VA!
 (I had it shipped to a friend in the lower 48 who will then ship it to me!)