From: Hard-Core-DX [mailto:hard-core-dx-boun...@hard-core-dx.com] On Behalf Of
John Figliozzi
Sent: Tuesday, 31 January 2017 2:15 p.m.
To: dxplo...@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Hard-Core-DX@hard-core-dx.com
Subject: Re: [HCDX] [DXplorer] Radio Australia Gone

Listened via a GlobalTuner in San Bernadino, CA.  No reception in Sarasota, FL
off air, try as I might.  Playing Waltzing Matilda for the last time was a nice
touch, presumably by the transmitter engineer.  Pretty ignominious end.  The
new and haughty managers such as are running the ABC today have no sense of
history whatsoever.  For me, that’s the end of a half century of listening to
Shepparton.  Like you, sorry to see it go.  But it was barely a shadow of its
former self at the end.  Like watching an old friend waste away and finally
expiring.  Sad.

73
John Figliozzi
Sarasota, FL